Linked Events

Go Down

GribbleGrunger

Dr. Pezus

Man, the short videos they've been releasing recently look amazing

Xevross

Man, the short videos they've been releasing recently look amazing
Yeah its excellent marketing.

My concern is, though, that they're marketing it super well on the internet to appeal to hardcore gamers but they're not getting it out there to casuals

^^ gorgeous shot

nnodley

Nothing stops my hype train!!!!  Everything I keep hearing/seeing is making the wait even worse than the wait for TLOU back in 2013.  And that's quite an achievement cause my hype for TLOU was straight up through the roof.

Yeah I'm glad it's got a good length to it, but not pushing 100 hour completion time.   Ain't got no time for that.

Xevross

Nothing stops my hype train!!!!  Everything I keep hearing/seeing is making the wait even worse than the wait for TLOU back in 2013.  And that's quite an achievement cause my hype for TLOU was straight up through the roof.

Yeah I'm glad it's got a good length to it, but not pushing 100 hour completion time.   Ain't got no time for that.
I'm trying to resist getting too hyped as I still have a few reservations. That's getting harder though, everything has just been so positive!

I'm sort of torn on the game time. I most often prefer to play shorter games but if I absolutely love it I want to have as much content to play as possible. Well, I can just replay it on a harder difficulty if I want more.

nnodley

I'm trying to resist getting too hyped as I still have a few reservations. That's getting harder though, everything has just been so positive!

I'm sort of torn on the game time. I most often prefer to play shorter games but if I absolutely love it I want to have as much content to play as possible. Well, I can just replay it on a harder difficulty if I want more.
Do we know how much of that completion time for finishing is including doing some cauldrons?  If those are as big as most are saying those hopefully add a decent bit of time to the game.

Xevross

Do we know how much of that completion time for finishing is including doing some cauldrons?  If those are as big as most are saying those hopefully add a decent bit of time to the game.
We have no idea unfortunately. So in reality we don't really know how long it will take to 100%. Its pretty much guaranteed to be 40+ hours no matter your play style but there isn't any upper limit yet. That being said, I'd be surprised if it will take more than about 80 hours to complete fully.

nnodley

We have no idea unfortunately. So in reality we don't really know how long it will take to 100%. Its pretty much guaranteed to be 40+ hours no matter your play style but there isn't any upper limit yet. That being said, I'd be surprised if it will take more than about 80 hours to complete fully.
I honestly think I will hit 100+ hours though with like 30 to 40 of that being just being in awe of the graphics and exploring the environments

Xevross

I honestly think I will hit 100+ hours though with like 30 to 40 of that being just being in awe of the graphics and exploring the environments
Hmm I may end up being the same ;D

I don't normally do that but my god this game looks gorgeous

the-pi-guy

"I literally spent 30 hours looking at ants."
-why it took me so long to finish.

Legend

I'm in a similar boat. I like short linear games but when it's a huge RPG, it's gotta be huge!

I spent ~70 in both MGSV and Witcher 3 without doing lame side quests. If Horizon is ~50 hours for 100% but no side quests are stupid, that'd be ok.

the-pi-guy

Some guy on gaf was complaining about the graphics because he had no idea how fog works in real life.

Legend

Some guy on gaf was complaining about the graphics because he had no idea how fog works in real life.
lol my immediate reaction is "to be fair, games often use fog as a performance cheat" but lately I've been giving these posters too much credit.

Xevross

He was being an idiot.

I've been pretty much living in that gaf thread the past couple of days.

I'm getting a bit nervous about reviews now! Ugh please stahp

the-pi-guy

lol my immediate reaction is "to be fair, games often use fog as a performance cheat" but lately I've been giving these posters too much credit.
Nah he literally made a comment about how real fog doesn't "disappear" when you get close.
Like if you have 6 ft visibility. When you move 6 feet, you usually have 6 ft of visibility still.

Go Up