Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Yeah, and its not even that close. Black Panther had the #2 second weekend of all time, beating Jurassic World and Avengers by a fair way. $112m was the actual, which is an insane performance. Its now looking fairly likely it'll become the #1 domestic superhero film of all time, may have a shot at #3 dom of all time (above Titanic at $659m).

Its overseas which is the focus now, can the OS performance take it above Civil War, Iron Man 3 or maybe even TLJ? Time will tell! Its 10 day WW total is about $710m, China will add an easy 100m+ to that so its getting there.
Honestly I didn't expect it's legs to be this strong but holly fudge.

It's oversees performance is becoming a lot more interesting. Civil war did 700 million in international markets, can this beat it? Honestly I doubt it. Can this be an international juggernaut like jurassic world or fast and furious? If it pulls that kind of numbers then this will.be one of the biggest movies of all time. However I doubt it. I'm looking expert though so how is it tracking internationally?

Anyways, you can bet black panther will have a much bigger role in infinity wars 2 than Originally intended lol