Legend

Aura7541

Having to pay for a difficulty setting is not cool

Xevross

Yeah its awful. What on Earth are they thinking

Ludicrous Speed

Isn't that the same thing ND did with Grounded mode on PS3? Maybe I am wrong there, but I could have swore it was locked behind the Grounded DLC.

$20 for Zelda DLC seems like a bargain. I haven't played Smash on Wii U so idk about the DLC there, but the MK8 DLC was fantastic and very value priced. This seems the same. I don't mind that Nintendo is embracing some of the "bad" stuff about modern gaming, so long as they continue to put their own touch on it. They could have easily made a $40-50 Zelda season pass and still sold shame tons.

DerNebel

Isn't that the same thing ND did with Grounded mode on PS3? Maybe I am wrong there, but I could have swore it was locked behind the Grounded DLC.

$20 for Zelda DLC seems like a bargain. I haven't played Smash on Wii U so idk about the DLC there, but the MK8 DLC was fantastic and very value priced. This seems the same. I don't mind that Nintendo is embracing some of the "bad" stuff about modern gaming, so long as they continue to put their own touch on it. They could have easily made a $40-50 Zelda season pass and still sold shame tons.
Yes, it is. ND did the same and it sucked balls.

Xevross

Yes, it is. ND did the same and it sucked balls.
Indeed. ND have been really shaming with their DLC for the last couple of games but they seem to be getting better now

BananaKing

well thats a load of bull. putting meaningful content in a well priced package isnt Nintendo putting its "own touch to it". CD Projekt had an expansion for 25$ that included not one, but two stories, one its on new area. both are around 40 hours of playtime. Sucker Punch made infamous first light, a new story thats 5 hours long with a different character, new gameplay elements, and a new arena mode thats fantastic. for just 15$. Rockstar released undead nightmare, one of the best DLC's ever, for just 9.99$. i can give A LOT more examples, but nintendo certainly isnt putting its own touch to anything. there are fantastic DLC's out there, suggesting Nintendo only does it right is beyond ridiculous.

Indeed. ND have been really shaming with their DLC for the last couple of games but they seem to be getting better now
TLoU's DLC was all sorts of shame. new mode and even worse guns hidden behind a paywall for multiplayer.

Aura7541

Yep, and that was not a good idea.

Legend

Gosh ND DLC and microtransactions have been bad. I'm still surprised there isn't as much backlash compared to other games with bad DLC.

Xevross

Gosh ND DLC and microtransactions have been bad. I'm still surprised there isn't as much backlash compared to other games with bad DLC.
Its probably because their games are so good that we can forgive them for it while other games already have some people upset.

the-pi-guy

Buy ND for single player, don't need to worry about lame multiplayer DLC.  
And single player DLC was a requirement to buy anyways.  Otherwise, you aren't experiencing the best!  

Ludicrous Speed

Yep. Last of Us DLC was not only real bad pay to win BS but it completely changed the meta of the game. Used to be slow, methodical, and tactical. Now you just spam smoke and shivs and that shaming crossbow FTW.

I still have U4 shrink wrapped because I haven't had a desire to start the SP yet and I read the MP is full of the same type of micro transaction crud.

I think there's less backlash because it's Naughty Dog, and that's bull. Bad DLC is bad DLC. It was bizarre last year seeing so many people go HAM on a game like Evolve but when U4 launched, no DLC complaints.