Ohhhh they want to be Destiny.

Social area, contracts, etc.

Legend

Ohhhh they want to be Destiny.

Social area, contracts, etc.
Where did you read that?

Raven

Where did you read that?
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ww2-multiplayer-has-a-destiny-like-so/1100-6449585/

Also a War Mode where you play an objective based battle of Axis versus Allies. You can also join class-like divisions. Examples given were Infantry and Armored divisions.

Legend

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ww2-multiplayer-has-a-destiny-like-so/1100-6449585/

Also a War Mode where you play an objective based battle of Axis versus Allies. You can also join class-like divisions. Examples given were Infantry and Armored divisions.
Odd but cool

Mmm_fish_tacos

This is going to be interesting, Does Xbox have marketing rights?  

Xevross

I can just see how British and French campaigns would play out.

Brits: You get kicked off the mainland and then dodge bombs from German planes for three missions until D-Day.
French: You surrender before you complete the first mission.

In all seriousness, Call of Duty 2 had a great campaign back in the day. The Russians, Americans, and British all got their time in the spotlight. I really can't remember how Call of Duty 3's campaign went and World at War... well... there really aren't any other perspectives to play from in the Pacific theater besides Japan and the US. Unless you want to be a Chinese victim.
I don't see how the British is bad when the Americans are just do nothing until D-Day (European). If the game is just focusing on Europe then Brits are more interesting to do than Americans, easily.

The new multiplayer stuff sounds cool but it may be bad changes. I hope the map for War isn't too big, and those divisions need to be done right to work.

The headquarters seems like an odd addition, but I'll have to hear more about it.

Raven

I don't see how the British is bad when the Americans are just do nothing until D-Day (European). If the game is just focusing on Europe then Brits are more interesting to do than Americans, easily.

The new multiplayer stuff sounds cool but it may be bad changes. I hope the map for War isn't too big, and those divisions need to be done right to work.

The headquarters seems like an odd addition, but I'll have to hear more about it.
Sounds like someone might have gotten a little butthurt at the joke.

Xevross

Sounds like someone might have gotten a little butthurt at the joke.
There was a joke there?  :o

Raven

There was a joke there?  :o
Lol yes. I was making light of the Brits for being isolated and bombed and how that would translate into a game campaign. I'm well aware that much happened pre-American intervention and that the Brits did a lot of fighting in Africa throughout. Which had the incredibly important effect of keeping a significant portion of the German army tied up. Like I said, Britain was actually well represented in Call of Duty 2. I just don't remember how Call of Duty 3's campaign went and World at War made little sense to involve anyone but the US and Japan. I don't think anyone underestimates Britain's importance in the war.

DD_Bwest

Dr. Pezus

But like how would that work? I feel a game could only do that if the main character ends up defecting from the nazis or something.
Why? Most of the soldiers were just regular Germans. I mean, they could really add some psychology into it by having the characters kind of questioning their actions sometimes, which I'm sure many did back then.

Legend

The other COD games just show us the soldier's perspective. They don't show US high command or any of the leaders in the government, we just see officers and soldiers. The soldiers in the German army weren't Nazis and a lot of won't have liked their orders and would struggle to bring themselves to fight. I think it could be a really cool concept and it would easily work.
Why? Most of the soldiers were just regular Germans. I mean, they could really add some psychology into it by having the characters kind of questioning their actions sometimes, which I'm sure many did back then.
They might have been just regular Germans and not technically Nazis, but in America that's not considered an excuse. Maybe your countries view WW2 slightly differently.

Like especially in video game format, there'd be huge backlash unless the main character's internal/external fight against their side was the main marketing point. I can't even think of movies that are solely from a German soldier's perspective.

Dr. Pezus

They might have been just regular Germans and not technically Nazis, but in America that's not considered an excuse. Maybe your countries view WW2 slightly differently.

Like especially in video game format, there'd be huge backlash unless the main character's internal/external fight against their side was the main marketing point. I can't even think of movies that are solely from a German soldier's perspective.
I'm not saying it's an excuse. What the nazis did was bad, bad. They could show that in the game. I mean, we have movies, TV shows and games which show the perspective of the "evil" side. Admittedly there's not a lot from ww2 like that.

For example, The Americans is a TV show told from the perspective of Russians spying in America.

Done right it could serve as a good lesson.

DerNebel

This is going to be interesting, Does Xbox have marketing rights?  
Nope, Playstation still

Go Up