Elite: Dangerous OT: job simulator 3304 AD

Started by Legend, Oct 15, 2015, 01:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

Good advice, I'm actually playing solo at the moment. I haven't got horizons yet, what will that give me?

Legend

Good advice, I'm actually playing solo at the moment. I haven't got horizons yet, what will that give me?
Haha I play in solo too.

Horizons lets you land on planets and all the things related to that. You can only land on planets without an atmosphere so they're not too interesting visually, but it's really fun to fly around on them since gravity affects the ship handling.

Also gives you access to the Engineers. There's 20 or so of them scattered across the bubble and each one has a really long grind to unlock their engineered ship parts.

Also can do passenger missions. You pick people up similar to regular cargo but they can get upset if you fly bad or get into conflict. They'll often ask you to take them to tourist beacons which cause you yourself to see some really nice looking vistas in space.

Also gives you ship launched fighters. These are smaller ships that can be launched from select large ships. You can hire an NPC pilot to fly it or your main ship but they take a percent of your profit.

Also gives you multi crew. If your ship has more than one seat in the cockpit, you can have a human friend "teleport" to that seat and help out. They can either fly a ship launched fighter or manage your turreted guns.

Also gives you the commander creator. Not really used for anything beyond showing your face, but it allows you to design your character. It's actually incredibly well done.

Finally, it gives you the 2.4 update as that releases but we're not sure exactly what it is. 3.0 is the next update after that and it's not included in Horizons.

I don't think you need Horizons unless it's on sale. There's more than enough in the base game to give you time to discover if Elite is your cup of tea.

SWORDF1SH

The horizon update cost the same as the actual game, £19.99. It's says Horizons season pass which includes 5 themed expansions. Impressed with the game so far. It's a little rough around the edges but dang the immersion is good. It feels like space. They also did traveling in a way to get across the sense of speed and distance you are travelling.

SWORDF1SH

Who the hell is in charge of the pricing. On the PS Store you get 1000 frontier points for 9.79, 2500 frontier points for 24.99. You actually pay more per point buying the larger package. That's not how its supposed to work.

Legend

Who the hell is in charge of the pricing. On the PS Store you get 1000 frontier points for 9.79, 2500 frontier points for 24.99. You actually pay more per point buying the larger package. That's not how its supposed to work.
Hey at least the game's microtransactions are only for cosmetics.

Legend

What's your commander name? Not sure if we can friend people on different systems.

SWORDF1SH

What's your commander name? Not sure if we can friend people on different systems.
SWORDF1SH6, basically they just assigned my PSN name to to it.

Legend

SWORDF1SH6, basically they just assigned my PSN name to to it.
Nope can't add you :(

SWORDF1SH

Nope can't add you :(
Well we already know that evil Sony is against crossplatform play so what did you expect.

Legend

Well we already know that evil Sony is against crossplatform play so what did you expect.
I'd expect to at least know you're online and your location in the galaxy. All platforms share the same universe. Like you could literally go to a station and buy all the fish so then they'd be sold out when I went there.

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>Unofficial trailer but really well made. I got extreme chills at the end.<br>

Legend

I'm so frustrated with how the devs are handling this game. We literally know nothing about its future and they just announced they won't be at gamescom.

Since September 2015, they've only revealed finer details of what was already announced. Season 3 is 100% unknown and it feels like season 3 might not even happen.

If it is happening and the game's not fully dead, the devs really need to be giving the community teasers of content that's still a long way off.

Legend

I'm so frustrated with how the devs are handling this game. We literally know nothing about its future and they just announced they won't be at gamescom.

Since September 2015, they've only revealed finer details of what was already announced. Season 3 is 100% unknown and it feels like season 3 might not even happen.

If it is happening and the game's not fully dead, the devs really need to be giving the community teasers of content that's still a long way off.
lulz
Frontier Expo: Saturday Oct 7, 2017! : EliteDangerous

Legend

Legend

Go Up