Phantom Dust Devs shut down. Microsoft didn't like the game.

Started by Legend, Feb 18, 2015, 12:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

nnodley

Didn't Phil say it had the potential to be the best game ever or some shame like that! 

Raven

I was wondering why we had heard very little on it since it was announced last June. To be honest, employing a studio of only 50 people that had never done a full project on their own before sounds like Microsoft was looking for a rather cheap route to reboot one of their IPs. I have a feeling this game will be officially cancelled and that it essentially already is. I don't think it has the appeal it needs to be worth them sinking money into another studio with a now much later schedule.

Raven

Didn't Phil say it had the potential to be the best game ever or some shame like that! 

One thing people need to realize about Phil Spencer is that he hypes pretty much everything. I like his enthusiasm but he says things he really shouldn't that make him look silly when they don't happen. Like how he said they had to announce Forza Horizon 2 and Halo 5 to make room for other stuff at E3 because they were so loaded. Then they announce both games at E3.

DerNebel

One thing people need to realize about Phil Spencer is that he hypes pretty much everything. I like his enthusiasm but he says things he really shouldn't that make him look silly when they don't happen. Like how he said they had to announce Forza Horizon 2 and Halo 5 to make room for other stuff at E3 because they were so loaded. Then they announce both games at E3.

God that was so stupid, I remember having these discussions about why they didn't hold of the price cut announcement until E3 just like with Forza Horizon 2 and all people said was that they had too many games to show. Turns out that was total BS, they still talked about Forza and instead of putting the price cut announcement in there, they gave us 3 CG trailer for games that wouldn't be out until sometime in 2016 at the earliest, especially the Phantom Dust trailer was completely non informative about what the game actually was.

Dr. Pezus

Max King of the Wild

God that was so stupid, I remember having these discussions about why they didn't hold of the price cut announcement until E3 just like with Forza Horizon 2 and all people said was that they had too many games to show. Turns out that was total BS, they still talked about Forza and instead of putting the price cut announcement in there, they gave us 3 CG trailer for games that wouldn't be out until sometime in 2016 at the earliest, especially the Phantom Dust trailer was completely non informative about what the game actually was.
Hey, but according to the Beatles Ms won hands down. No one can disagree unless they were a huge sony fanboy. Sony had the worst showing ever.

Raven

Hey, but according to the Beatles Ms won hands down. No one can disagree unless they were a huge sony fanboy. Sony had the worst showing ever.

What I thought was particularly entertaining was listening to fanboys say Microsoft's Gamescom was better. Apparently, a conference that served as little more than a reminder of what's coming with an announcement of a timed exclusive Tomb Raider and a rollercoaster game that couldn't have any less hype somehow topped the announcements of The Tomorrow Children, Until Dawn, Hellblade, Alienation, Tearaway Unfolded, and Wild. Everyone has their preferences, of course, but when the largest measure of the success of a conference by comparison to the competition is typically the number and quality of new game announcements, it's pretty difficult to argue the outcome of Gamescom 2014 without looking like you're in denial.

Legend

I really liked Microsoft's e3, but mostly because it showed they were back on track and abandoning the original xbo vision.

Xevross