previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Lol. 
That was great.

Max King of the Wild

Lol. 
That was great.
that wouldn't be how I describe them. They are trying to sell me on pointless irrelevant features

the-pi-guy

that wouldn't be how I describe them. They are trying to sell me on pointless irrelevant features

I'd hardly call them pointless irrelevant features. 
First video went private.  But the processing is fairly important to games. 
The second one is about a second stick, a feature that people have wanted integrated into the system for a long time.  That tiny stick isn't how I would've done it, but it's a move towards the right direction.  The other video is about the 3D improvements.  Which is central to the device.

As for selling the features.  I felt that it was great that they spelled everything out, gave examples about how those things are useful.  Which to the average gamer, those advantages likely aren't going to be noticed unless you were to tell them and show them.  This is what the old 3DS used to do when you turned it.  Now it doesn't have that problem.  Stuff like that. 

I found them great, not because they sold me on anything. They spelled out the advantages in a different kind of way. 

It wasn't the type of advertisement that you watch the video about a games console and have absolutely no idea what it does better than the previous one.  Or the advertisements that you aren't even sure what they were for. 
Was that for a candy bar or a video game console? 

They very clearly pointed out the advantages and what they were advertising.
Were they the best? 
Not even close.  But I liked the fact that they told you what they were advertising and why. 

Legend

I enjoyed watching them, but I didn't like that they threw the old 3ds under a bus. I mean the first video literally highlighted the old 3ds was slow at booting up.

Max King of the Wild

I enjoyed watching them, but I didn't like that they threw the old 3ds under a bus. I mean the first video literally highlighted the old 3ds was slow at booting up.
wasn't able to see the first. It went private

the-pi-guy

Well, that's the way of the world. 
The 3rd one is worse.  I mean sure, it's faster is great, but that's how things go.  The third one is like "Hey look at how bad your 3DS is when you move it."  Which in my opinion is much worse. 

Legend

wasn't able to see the first. It went private

First one was a race between new and old at launching smash. Was then a race with luigi running as well. New 3ds finishes first, and then the clock starts ticking as if impatiant for the old 3ds to finally finish. Right after it finishes, luigi finishes the race and they joke about how slow they are.

darkknightkryta

I fiddled around with the new 3DS at the local Futureshop.  Other than the head tracking, which is glitchy, it's kinda half assed.  I mean, there's really no point in getting a new one.  I mean, other than Xenoblade, what's the point?

Legend

I fiddled around with the new 3DS at the local Futureshop.  Other than the head tracking, which is glitchy, it's kinda half assed.  I mean, there's really no point in getting a new one.  I mean, other than Xenoblade, what's the point?

Did you even see the op? It has a c-stick!

darkknightkryta

Did you even see the op? It has a c-stick!

I was actually about to rant the hell out of it, but then I remembered I need to keep it clean XD.