Anita Sarkeesian gets exposed as a fraud by Stephen Colbert

Started by Raven, Oct 31, 2014, 11:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

This website is that fake one right? Either way why did I give them a view?

Colbert's video saved the thread though. Thank's for sharing.

DD_Bwest

ugh i cant stand anything with her.. 

colbert:  we are trying to save the damsel

anita:  why does she need to be saved qhy cant she help herself?

BECAUSE ITS A fudgy GAME YOU RETARD, IF SHE CAN HELP HERSELF, WHY THE fudge ARE WE PLAYING THE GAME?

ive solved the entire thing..  this isnt about sexism at all,  its about her not being able to beat final bosses, and wishes the princess can do it for her lol

Riderz1337

We don't need Colbert to point out the obvious.

This 50 second video proves she's a fraud.

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

NeverDies

INTERWEB DRAMA! Quick Legend! Get the popcorn!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

INTERWEB DRAMA! Quick Legend! Get the popcorn!

No gamergate is actually a huge big thing Rob.

Maybe we should have a thread about it.

NeverDies

Nov 01, 2014, 07:13 AM Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014, 07:49 AM by NeverDies
Liked this interview.

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

BasilZero

No gamergate is actually a huge big thing Rob.

Maybe we should have a thread about it.

Looks like just high school drama between some hardcore online gaming nerds and feminist journalists.

Only huge thing about it is the fact that death threats, etc had happened - if none of those had happened then it wouldnt be in the mainstream media.

Raven

Looks like just high school drama between some hardcore online gaming nerds and feminist journalists.

Only huge thing about it is the fact that death threats, etc had happened - if none of those had happened then it wouldnt be in the mainstream media.

The thing is, developers in the gaming industry get death threats all the time. Like the Call of Duty players who threatened a developer over changing the tuning on one of the guns or something along those lines. I'm not saying at all that we should just shrug and move on. What pisses me off is that we're now suddenly giving this big media attention because an attention joker who has aspirations of being some kind of professional speaker went into Feminazi mode and talked shame about an industry that has actually done quite a lot to improve the female image in their games and, to be quite honest, has a long history of creating strong female characters.

She only gives the most blatant examples of women being portrayed as naughtiness objects or in need of help from men while completely overlooking the many games where female characters are the ones doing the saving, are not sexualized, or both. What pisses me off even more than that is that the death threats are being used as the focus of the argument which is supposed to be about how women are portrayed in games. The attention is being kept on the threats because the reality is she actually has no solid argument for what she was originally crusading and she's either intentional spouting battleship or she really doesn't know anything about the industry other than what someone mentions to her. Because death threats are shocking and terrible there are people jumping to her side of the argument without even actually thinking on what her argument really is. This is a tool of the Social Justice Warrior. Put the focus on something shocking and convince people to ignore the big picture because it's a fast way to get support for a flimsy argument.

Legend

Nov 01, 2014, 04:48 PM Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014, 05:16 PM by Legend

Nah. Adam Baldwin actually was the big thing that made it go mainstream. The death threats and what not only happened relatively recently.

Legend

Liked this interview.

Yuck!

As in yuck at totalbiscuit. After one of his videos about 60fps, I try to ignore his thoughts and opinions.

BasilZero

Nah. Alec Baldwin actually was the big thing that made it go mainstream. The death threats and what not only happened relatively recently.

alec baldwin the actor o.O? Twitter pic shows Adam Baldwin whoever that is xD.

I'm just referencing mainstream considering while at work I saw GamerGate being mentioned on CNN and BBC news (two news sites I visit).

BasilZero

The thing is, developers in the gaming industry get death threats all the time. Like the Call of Duty players who threatened a developer over changing the tuning on one of the guns or something along those lines. I'm not saying at all that we should just shrug and move on. What pisses me off is that we're now suddenly giving this big media attention because an attention joker who has aspirations of being some kind of professional speaker went into Feminazi mode and talked shame about an industry that has actually done quite a lot to improve the female image in their games and, to be quite honest, has a long history of creating strong female characters.

She only gives the most blatant examples of women being portrayed as naughtiness objects or in need of help from men while completely overlooking the many games where female characters are the ones doing the saving, are not sexualized, or both. What pisses me off even more than that is that the death threats are being used as the focus of the argument which is supposed to be about how women are portrayed in games. The attention is being kept on the threats because the reality is she actually has no solid argument for what she was originally crusading and she's either intentional spouting battleship or she really doesn't know anything about the industry other than what someone mentions to her. Because death threats are shocking and terrible there are people jumping to her side of the argument without even actually thinking on what her argument really is. This is a tool of the Social Justice Warrior. Put the focus on something shocking and convince people to ignore the big picture because it's a fast way to get support for a flimsy argument.

Good point - I totally agree with this.

Legend

alec baldwin the actor o.O? Twitter pic shows Adam Baldwin whoever that is xD.

I'm just referencing mainstream considering while at work I saw GamerGate being mentioned on CNN and BBC news (two news sites I visit).

Adem baldwin the actor. Oops