VizionEck has been pushed back to 2015

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Nov 24, 2014, 06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Hello,

VizionEck was originally planned to release Holiday 2014. Now the game is releasing just a bit later in 2015. There are a few reasons for this delay.

1. More content at launch
VizionEck has a unique free DLC system that promises continuous and feature rich DLC as long as the game is active. I have decided it'd be best to take the first few DLCs and include them at launch. Long term this doesn't affect the game, but day one it creates a larger and deeper VizionEck.

2. The game needs more marketing
Releasing VizionEck with its current public perception and awareness would be less than ideal. Since I'm effectively a one man company, it's a challenge balancing making the game and marketing the game. This delay allows me to do both to their full potential.

3. It'll be ready when it's ready
It was entirely realistic to release VizionEck this year, but about two months ago I determined I'd have to speed some things up in order to hit the deadline. I already worked on VizionEck almost 24/7 so it would have meant a potential decrease in game quality. First and foremost, I want VizionEck to be a great game. Releasing with common glitches or broken features is unacceptable. I'm working hard to get the game out as soon as possible but I refuse to sacrifice quality for artificial reasons.

Feel free to post your questions or concerns.

-Michael Armbrust