Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Apr 15, 2017, 05:29 AM Last Edit: Apr 15, 2017, 05:56 AM by Raven
Just read the newsletter they sent out. The plan was to have most of the planets/moons ready for 3.0 but the external team working on them, Behavior, moved away from Star Citizen and onto another project about 4 months ago. So they had to get their own teams working on it and they say they want to move away from relying on external help. This, obviously, put them behind schedule. So it wasn't a matter of them miscalculating. The people they had literally walked away to go do something else.

No I'm going off their gamescom presentation.

The new 3.0 has some small new things but outside of ships I don't see what you're thinking they added.

I think the reason mining is missing is because it has hardly anything to do with anything else. It's not a priority to add since not much on the dev side of things is built above it. Probably also the reason why it's seemingly being moved around a lot.

I am enjoying what's coming ya dork  :P
dang. How in the world did I miss that?

@Legend
The things I'm talking about are just a bunch of small things they never told us were coming in 3.0, said would be coming soon but gave no timeline on, or were more recent topics they implied would be coming in 3.0 which obviously was not something we knew back at CitizenCon. The Prospector being a part of 3.0 wasn't a part of the plan originally. A couple new weapons and reworks. The rail gun is a significant addition to the game as it represents the first of the heavy weapons they've talked about for on-foot use. The first iteration of outposts was something they started really talking about more recently that will apparently make their appearance on the moons in this patch. If I had more energy I would go down the list of a bunch of individual things that weren't originally said to be on the way as of late last year. The patch is pretty much what I expected. Some things pushed out while others were pushed in. Some aren't what I expected. I'm just happy planetary landings are happening at all on the first go. I fully expected that to be pushed back to 3.1 or later.