What are your thoughts on VizionEck's graphics?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, May 01, 2016, 02:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

The reflections are a lot better.  I still say you should play as cubanoids, but with the ability to morph into a cube for hiding.  Kinda like the box mechanic in MGS 4: Online.
I think the cubes do need something, but gameplay wise they need to stay this shape. Lore wise they're AI controlled robots so maybe I can work from that angle.

Maybe have the cubes take physical damage instead of just their brightness decreasing.

visually looks way better.

Question,..  do you snap into that grid you are now displaying?  if the gameplay hinges on you to hiding in plain site as a block than sitting off in a position not exactly snapped into the grid will make it very obvious you are a player not a part of the level design.
Hiding in plain site is only at specefic locations where you replace the level geometry. In these places you snap to position.

If you're just sitting motionless on the floor it's very obvious.

The other graphics dependent mechanic is ghosting. Brightness decreases with health, so near death players are very hard to see against the black walls.

However I've been having issues with this one for ages. It depends too much on TV brightness and other mechanics don't mesh with it. These new graphics would make ghosting impossible but I'm on the verge of cutting it anyway.