Digital foundry Xbox shill again?

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 18, 2017, 08:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Their claims this past weak have been ridicules. They sure love the word massive, but I don't think they know what it means. After watching their video, on a 4k screen I don't see what they are seeing. Yes, it some zoomed in instances you the xbonex is slightly clearer. But not Massive, and certainly not a generation leap. They even go as far to say that playing on a 1080p screen down scaled is actually their preferred way to play it on the pro. Whilel xbonex is the place to play 4k, and at the same time down playing the pc performance over the xbonex. Stay classy Digital foundry.

Xevross

Well they did get to reveal all the specs initially, so they probably have some sort of deal with MS. I've never really payed any attention to them anyway.

Dr. Pezus

I've watched some of their analyses recently and most have been underwhelming tbh. Wasn't the x supposed to be a "true 4k" machine? Seems most games don't run at 4k

Mmm_fish_tacos

I've watched some of their analyses recently and most have been underwhelming tbh. Wasn't the x supposed to be a "true 4k" machine? Seems most games don't run at 4k
Well that was MS's tag line, but anyone who knew better knew this is what we would get.

Legend

They aren't native 4k?

Why isn't this a big problem. For months MS misled people about this.

Mmm_fish_tacos

They aren't native 4k?

Why isn't this a big problem. For months MS misled people about this.
1800p mostly, then upacalled to 4k. But its doing better than the pro, and thats all the fans care about.

Ludicrous Speed

Well, a lot of their coverage has been critical in aspects, so if they're shilling, they aren't doing a very good job.

MS said their own games would run in 4k.  Does Forza and Suoer Lucky Tale? I guess those are the only two launch window games. They said all along that 3rd party would be up to the developer.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well, a lot of their coverage has been critical in aspects, so if they're shilling, they aren't doing a very good job.

MS said their own games would run in 4k.  Does Forza and Suoer Lucky Tale? I guess those are the only two launch window games. They said all along that 3rd party would be up to the developer.
Forza does for sure. But i was reading that they down graded geometry to do it. But im not sure if thats true. No clue about luckys tail, but it seems that game could as well.

Dr. Pezus

MS said their own games would run in 4k.  Does Forza and Suoer Lucky Tale? I guess those are the only two launch window games. They said all along that 3rd party would be up to the developer.
So basically just like Pro, up to the developer. Obviously, more games will be 4k on X but I'm surprised by the number of lower res games at launch.

MS made it sound like the difference would be huge. I guess it's a pretty big step up from the base Xbox One but a minor one from Pro, something you would expect when it released a year later and for more money.

Legend

So basically just like Pro, up to the developer. Obviously, more games will be 4k on X but I'm surprised by the number of lower res games at launch.

MS made it sound like the difference would be huge. I guess it's a pretty big step up from the base Xbox One but a minor one from Pro, something you would expect when it released a year later and for more money.

Do we have a list of resolutions on pro vs X? Obviously that ignores so so much, but are they really that close?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do we have a list of resolutions on pro vs X? Obviously that ignores so so much, but are they really that close?
Not sure there's a list but reset  has two threads that show improvements on each platform. It seems Xbox One X is doing about four to five hundred P more than the pro. But you know that's really onscreen its negiable. Simular difference between Xbox One and PS4 at the beginning of the gen it just switched. But then again the pros still super clear. And I rewatched the video on my 55 inch 4K Sony and I see even less difference than I did when I watch it on my 15 inch laptop. Probably has something to do with the seating distance.

Legend

Not sure there's a list but reset  has two threads that show improvements on each platform. It seems Xbox One X is doing about four to five hundred P more than the pro. But you know that's really onscreen its negiable. Simular difference between Xbox One and PS4 at the beginning of the gen it just switched. But then again the pros still super clear. And I rewatched the video on my 55 inch 4K Sony and I see even less difference than I did when I watch it on my 15 inch laptop. Probably has something to do with the seating distance.
So Xbox One X is considerably stronger and is putting out a good amount more pixels, but it's arguable most people will see a smaller difference.

Not too bad. X is targeting richer gamers that are much more likely to care about that small difference. Could be worse  :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

So Xbox One X is considerably stronger and is putting out a good amount more pixels, but it's arguable most people will see a smaller difference.

Not too bad. X is targeting richer gamers that are much more likely to care about that small difference. Could be worse  :P
2 teraflop stronger in the bigger memory bandwidth.

Legend

2 teraflop stronger in the bigger memory bandwidth.
I kinda want an X. Almost pulled out my 360 to play Halo 3 on.

Too bad I'm broke.