Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

It's having a high cinemascore though. A-. So people seem to like it.

This franchise is weird. The first film is considered a classic and well loved. But the second and third are considered horrible, yet people seemed to disregard when it came to this new reboots. The hype for Jurassic world was insane considering 2 out of 3 movies sucked dog.
Cinemascore is weird. An A- is more average than high, for a big budget blockbuster with great special effects and action an A- is about as low as it goes with a B+ being basically a panning. For example, we all know how much TLJ was hated by a lot of people yet that still scored an A. The latest Transformers film was absolutely dire by all accounts and that got a B+. All this says is that people like blockbusters, there's a reason they earn so much money.

Jurassic World scored an A, so this scoring an A- is worse. Legs almost definitely won't be as good. The first film made 3.13x its first weekend, so this one will be less than 3x most likely. Heading for around 400m domestic it seems.

And yeah I don't really get that. I think dinos are cool but I was never hyped for JW because of how shame most of the old films were. I didn't particularly like JW either, so I'm not seeing this one in cinemas.