General Discussion Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

My personal top 10:

1. Moldova - I don't like the song that much but it was just so much fun. Its for songs like this I watch Eurovision, it would be boring if it was just good pop songs
2. Israel - same as above but I don't like it quite as much
3. Cyprus - my favourite of the proper pop songs entered, great beat. Can see it being a hit in the UK and being played in clubs.
4. Czech Republic - good fun and also a good song.
5. Bulgaria - I love the single, its in my spotify (along with the two above) its just a shame it doesn't sound as good live
6. Finland - I like this song a lot. Its similar to Cyprus but only falls short in a few areas. Again, I'm shocked its so low.
7. Austria - this is a great song. Simply put. I can see myself getting bored of it with multiple listens though
8. Sweden - I like it but it is a bit annoying, it repeats a bit too much. Needs more verses.
9. Denmark - I like listening to it. Also the singers are awesome. Just a great Vikingy song.
10. Estonia - I don't really like this kind of music but her voice is absolutely phenomenal. Mesmerising. Bonus points for the dress as well.

Honourable mentions - Australia (good song, but nothing special) and Norway (Eurovisiony but just not very good)

The rest I like but just not enough, except for Serbia (I was shocked it qualified, I don't like it) and Portugal (thank fudge this came last, still shocked they won last year).

Did they change the voting this year?

Thought it was the same last year
No but its still new. And this was the best its performed, it was suspenseful until the second to last call, that's almost as good as it gets.