General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Raven

DerNebel

Raven

Xevross

the-pi-guy

I think it's interesting that a lot of those people call to full out ban guns like Europe, even though a lot of those European countries have very high rates of gun ownership.  
Iceland, Germany, and a few others have some of the highest rates in the world with about 30 guns per 100 people.  

Too soon, too soon.  

Aura7541

I think it's interesting that a lot of those people call to full out ban guns like Europe, even though a lot of those European countries have very high rates of gun ownership.  
Iceland, Germany, and a few others have some of the highest rates in the world with about 30 guns per 100 people.
Well, gun ownership as well as ownership of other self-defense tools like pepper spray have significantly increased pretty recently in some of the European countries.

Gun violence isn't Europe's biggest problem, though it is a symptom of it.

Raven

This isn't a time to be joking about guns
I disagree. Any time is time for a joke. It's all in delivery and intent. I was making jokes when my uncle died this past November and it helped me and everyone else come down. Also, if you're that sensitive about a joke over something that happened to people you don't even know, I'd say you're a little too sensitive.

Xevross

I disagree. Any time is time for a joke. It's all in delivery and intent. I was making jokes when my uncle died this past November and it helped me and everyone else come down. Also, if you're that sensitive about a joke over something that happened to people you don't even know, I'd say you're a little too sensitive.
I wasn't sensitive about the joke at all. I was just showing some respect, obviously you don't understand that.

Raven

I wasn't sensitive about the joke at all. I was just showing some respect, obviously you don't understand that.
I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was talking about anyone being sensitive to the joke based on some idea that we shouldn't be joking about guns right now.

Ah yes, respect. A word so often inflated beyond what it should mean with so much fake importance placed on it that it is used to stifle things that make us even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

I understand quite a bit. I'm just not so inclined to pussyfoot around things and whine. Go ahead and take another shot if you want.

the-pi-guy

Raven

Raven

Aura7541

I do wonder how Sonboly got the Glock-17. There was a report last month where the German police found a stockpile of weapons in a mosque, but knowing that the Munich shooting was not an Islamic attack, maybe he got it from the black market?

DerNebel

Just decided to check out a thread beside the COMG thread on the chertz for once, what a mistake that was...going into a political "discussion" thread, what was I thinking? Can't help but feel utterly disgusted with some people after reading these.

Go Up