Hapax is unlike any other game, and that's scary

Started by Legend, Nov 21, 2023, 05:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Sometimes I wish Hapax was a traditional game. It's very hard working on something that is unlike anything else. I think it'll be liked because other things like Outer Wilds were liked, but I really don't know.

No other game has ever asked this much from dedicated players. Like it's crazy how long it'll take to solve 100% of the puzzles.

Legend

It's also pretty nice though. I don't have to be perfect to be the best Hapax-like game.

BananaKing

What is hapax exactly?

Legend

What is hapax exactly?
It's a "real" alien ship that players try to escape. No forced path or the usual video game tricks, just an honest challenge.

Along the way, players hopefully become curious and investigate other things. It's a big ship with a lot of secrets.

BananaKing

It's a "real" alien ship that players try to escape. No forced path or the usual video game tricks, just an honest challenge.

Along the way, players hopefully become curious and investigate other things. It's a big ship with a lot of secrets.
Honestly sounds really interesting.

Is there combat? Or is that a secret?

Is there way to track progress? Because one thing is be afraid of is to keep going in circles and not know where to go if that makes sense

SWORDF1SH

This is the only game I'm hyped for rn. It's been a long wait but it'll be worth it

Legend

Honestly sounds really interesting.

Is there combat? Or is that a secret?

Is there way to track progress? Because one thing is be afraid of is to keep going in circles and not know where to go if that makes sense
It's not a combat game. There are various threats and dangers but at no point do you find an alien gun or something like that.

There shouldn't be a need for traditional progress tracking since there's a heck of a lot of stuff to investigate at any given moment, but I'm still working on that.

This is the only game I'm hyped for rn. It's been a long wait but it'll be worth it
Thanks for recommending a bunch of indies to me. Hapax does seem like the type of game you'd really enjoy.

BananaKing

It's not a combat game. There are various threats and dangers but at no point do you find an alien gun or something like that.

There shouldn't be a need for traditional progress tracking since there's a heck of a lot of stuff to investigate at any given moment, but I'm still working on that.

Thanks for recommending a bunch of indies to me. Hapax does seem like the type of game you'd really enjoy.
Sounds like a super interesting game tbh. My only concern is navigation/progress.

I don't want to be running in circles when I am looking for where to go next.

Legend

Sounds like a super interesting game tbh. My only concern is navigation/progress.

I don't want to be running in circles when I am looking for where to go next.
Getting stuck in a game sucks so I really don't want that either.

I think about player progression a lot. A lot of tweaks are keeping things in flux.