Sony: "Sometimes we announced games too early"

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 28, 2017, 10:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sony: "Sometimes we announced games too early" | ResetEra

It sounds like Sony will be (sort of) following other publishers and announcing games... somewhat closer to release going forward. Mind, they're seemingly still not announce 6-8 months prior to launch, so it's a longer lead than some of their competitors.
Publishers may be waiting longer to unveil new games in development. That's the message from PlayStation Worldwide Studios SVP Michael Denny, who explained to GameSpot that keeping Sucker Punch's new project, Ghost of Tsushima, secret was a deliberate move. The game, which is the Infamous studio's first new IP in eight years, was revealed during the PlayStation briefing at Paris Games Week last month.Click to expand...
"I think we're learning and a lot of publishers are learning ... there is a right time to announce games," Denny explained. "In the past, I think it's fair to say sometimes we announced games too early. And this is such a great project for Sucker Punch. It's a game they've always really wanted to make themselves. And I think it's the right time to announce that, and they've been working on that game for a long time now. There is great (playable version of the game) already. So we're just excited to let everybody know about it."Click to expand...
Ghost of Tsushima still doesn't have a fixed release date, so it's hard to say what "too early" means in Sucker Punch's case.Click to expand...
Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...n-exec-sometimes-we-announced-games-too-early  

the-pi-guy

I'm wondering if this means ghost of Tsushima is closer than we think.

SWORDF1SH

I must of missed this announcement from sucker punch. But yeah, games need to be closer to release date. I thought they learned this this back when they announced and released the PS4 within 10 months.

Kerotan

I think they just wanted to show they'd a ton of massive games coming while Xbox was floundering .

You're more likely to choose a ps4 over an Xbox when you know there's lots of exclusives in 2-3 years that you'll want.  

Surely they should of held off on death stranding. Lime this PSX would of been much better? Way less time to wait.