Civilization VI is launching in October

Started by the-pi-guy, May 11, 2016, 03:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

May 11, 2016, 03:49 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:04 PM by the-pi-guy
Bigger cities, better graphics, but no massive changes

Civilization VI is launching in October | The Verge

While Firaxis isn't talking about all of the new features coming to Civilization VI, the studio has highlighted a few key changes for the game. Chief among them is that cities will play a bigger role, by, well, being bigger. Instead of taking up a single tile, cities can now expand across multiple tiles, and where you place them is now of greater importance. The key to this is districts, important sections of a city that now take up their own tile. A campus district, for example, will be home to all science buildings, so you can't build a library or research lab until you have the right district. Location also matters: for example, by putting a city near a body of water you'll get a huge bonus when it comes to researching new water-related technologies like sailing.

"Every tech in the game has these boosts, so that the way that you play, the things that you do in the world actually help you go down certain paths in the tech tree, which to us felt a lot more interesting," says Shirk. It might not sound like a major change, but Shirk says that the new cities add a different layer of strategy to the game. "When you place that first city, after you've played a few times, your mind really starts going and the gears start turning, when you're looking at the area around your city and deciding what kind of city it's going to be," he says. "You don't have room for everything, so you're going to have decisions to make."

Another big change comes from the historical figures you'll be playing against. Civilization VI introduces a new concept dubbed "dynamic diplomacy," in which the motivations of the AI characters will change over the course of a game, based largely on how you interact with them. "Each leader has a historical agenda that's associated with them, that reflects in some way who they were in history," says Andrew Garrett, lead AI designer on the game.

Legend

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they also expend end game stuff. Would be nice to go farther than 2050 AD.

Xevross

Oh my goodness! This sounds so good! What a nice surprise to see this today! Day 1 for me.

BasilZero

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they also expend end game stuff. Would be nice to go farther than 2050 AD.
They didnt do it on Civ V o.O?

Ludicrous Speed

Cute Pikachu

I loved Civ 5 so im hyped af.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

May 12, 2016, 04:18 AM Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:23 AM by Legend
Oh I missed the video since I didn't click the article.

Visually looks trashy though :(

Save us mods!

the-pi-guy

Well this is what V looked like.  

Age of Empires is the king though

Legend

Xevross

Yay it's great!

I've just been watching this, half way through part two now.

It sounds so fudgy good! I can't wait!!