The Dark Below VIDOC!!!

Started by ethomaz, Nov 24, 2014, 10:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Everybody needs to watch... it is a video documentary but shows a lot of gameplay.

Amazing gameplay.

The new Raid and Striker looks to be incredible.

kitler53

i'm not going to lie,. that did look pretty awesome but as much as they said they are "listening to fans" i didn't hear them address any specific concern.

1. match making for raids plz.
2. better randomness for strikes/pvp.  it's annoying to get the same strike 3 times in a row
3. more space in the bank plz.  i wish i could access the bank from orbit too.
4. plz oh plz (even if i have to run a massively complicated quest line) let me use/wear multiple exotics.   it's annoying to put soo much effort into getting amazing gear just to not be able to use it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

oh, and eris (or however you spell that) looks really cool.

kitler53

...and i hope the expansion brings some of the players back.  it's not hard to find a strike or pvp match or anything but most of my friends list has moved on from destiny.  makes me a sad panda.

Raven

i'm not going to lie,. that did look pretty awesome but as much as they said they are "listening to fans" i didn't hear them address any specific concern.

1. match making for raids plz.
2. better randomness for strikes/pvp.  it's annoying to get the same strike 3 times in a row
3. more space in the bank plz.  i wish i could access the bank from orbit too.
4. plz oh plz (even if i have to run a massively complicated quest line) let me use/wear multiple exotics.   it's annoying to put soo much effort into getting amazing gear just to not be able to use it.

1. Most definitely. This should be an option for those who don't have enough friends who play or have odd times. Even though that could mean a more difficult experience, the people jumping into it should know that. It shouldn't come as a surprise that raiding with randoms is typically worse than raiding with friends. I just hope that Bungie maintains the difficulty.

2. I think the seemingly lacking randomness of the strikes is an issue because there are only six of them right now. Two more are on the way. That should help ease the issue. Though I do agree that a system should be in place to at least prevent getting the same strike back-to-back. The crucible is a tougher thing to improve on the randomness of maps because with two opposing groups of players you run the risk of creating longer queue times by trying to ensure that both groups are not getting a map you just did. Perhaps a system that tracks how many times recently you've run a particular map and thus increasingly puts priority on you to get into something different? Though the big problem is when you queue solo for strikes or crucible matches because now you have anywhere from 3 to 12 people with various experiences. Who gets priority? You could still easily find yourself playing the same strike or map over and over.

3. Haven't played enough for this to be an issue but more bank space has never been a bad thing in a game unless it's survival horror, in my experience.

4. I'm still not sure why this ever became a thing and if you ask me I think exotics are too easy to come by. Don't limit a person to how many exotics they can equip but definitely make it take longer to acquire them in the first place.

kitler53

1. Most definitely. This should be an option for those who don't have enough friends who play or have odd times. Even though that could mean a more difficult experience, the people jumping into it should know that. It shouldn't come as a surprise that raiding with randoms is typically worse than raiding with friends. I just hope that Bungie maintains the difficulty.

2. I think the seemingly lacking randomness of the strikes is an issue because there are only six of them right now. Two more are on the way. That should help ease the issue. Though I do agree that a system should be in place to at least prevent getting the same strike back-to-back. The crucible is a tougher thing to improve on the randomness of maps because with two opposing groups of players you run the risk of creating longer queue times by trying to ensure that both groups are not getting a map you just did. Perhaps a system that tracks how many times recently you've run a particular map and thus increasingly puts priority on you to get into something different? Though the big problem is when you queue solo for strikes or crucible matches because now you have anywhere from 3 to 12 people with various experiences. Who gets priority? You could still easily find yourself playing the same strike or map over and over.

3. Haven't played enough for this to be an issue but more bank space has never been a bad thing in a game unless it's survival horror, in my experience.

4. I'm still not sure why this ever became a thing and if you ask me I think exotics are too easy to come by. Don't limit a person to how many exotics they can equip but definitely make it take longer to acquire them in the first place.

1. agreed.  PUGs are never as good as not PUGs but still.  Playing is waay better than not playing.  they should just change it up so raids (and raids only) everyone is put into fireteam chat by default.

2. the weird thing is they do a full match making between rounds for no real reason.  when a majority of the group plays a 2nd, 3rd match this should not be an issue.  it's not an issue for killzone or CoD or really any other multiplayer game.  i mean, why isn't it like killzone where after a match you get two choices of which map you want to do next and it is a choice of two maps that isn't the last map played?!?   hell, same for strikes.  with all those bounties for strikes it's annoying as fudge to have to play though 15+ strikes to finally get the right one because i've done the archon priest and summoning pits back to back to back to back to back for a dozen strikes...

3. it really comes down to guns and the fact i have 2 characters.  i have 9 exotics i think but i also have to keep a full arsenal of legendaries since i can't equip more than 1 exotic and i need at least an arc/void/solar secondary/heavy.  my collection isnt' quite complete but i'm trying to get an arc/void/solar sniper/fusion/rocket/machine gun.  add on my exotics and i'm basically out of space already.

i'd like more bank space but i'd also like it to be more organized so i can find my **insert type of gun i'm looking for**  easier.   organize it by type (sniper/fusion) and by damage type (kinectic/void) so i can get the right gun for the weekly and nightfalls quickly.

4. agreed.   i should be able to equip all my exotics but it should also be waaay harder to get one.  aside from a couple of the bounties most are really, really easy to complete.  xur almost feels like cheating it's soo easy to buy an exotic every week.

ethomaz

I got that today.

I'm so happy.

BananaKing

i agree with one. i personally havent played the raid not even once. i dont have time to gather six people. i dont fudgy understand why they are forcing no match making. that and with nightfall strikes, it makes no sense.

ethomaz

Nov 26, 2014, 02:02 PM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2014, 02:04 PM by ethomaz
The new Destiny OT posted a pic is how Crazy Destiny is popular and active in GAF.