Evolve Alpha thread! Emails sent out get your code!

Started by 7H3, Oct 12, 2014, 02:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

darkknightkryta

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

7H3

got a code for the alpha... working friday, hotel friday night, work for a couple of hours on saturday... may not have any time to play...
Spoiler for "alpha code":
<del>4B5J-EANC-6DKP</del><br />be sure to update if you use the code plox<br />

*code claimed by raven*

Raven

got a code for the alpha... working friday, hotel friday night, work for a couple of hours on saturday... may not have any time to play...
Spoiler for "alpha code":
4B5J-EANC-6DKP<br />be sure to update if you use the code plox<br />

Where would one redeem this? PS Store?

DD_Bwest

Where would one redeem this? PS Store?

i think so,   do it quick before someone reads it and grabs it lol

Raven

I used the code. Got in. If I get a code I'll PM to Cone just in case since he was good enough to hand his out.

7H3

let me know your impressions of the gameplay! It looked like it could be real fun, and I wish I had time to play it this weekend but I have other plans (o:

BasilZero

My body is ready

Raven

A friend of mine is in the X1 alpha and he doesn't like it. Apparently, playing as the monster sucks. Hunters are on your dog too easily and the controls are a pain. If you get caught as anything other than stage 3 you're at a big disadvantage and even at that stage you don't feel as lethal as you should. He said the groups he has been in just blast the hell out of stage 3's with no problem. Healing for the hunters is way too easy. It comes down mostly to balancing feeling way off and controlling the monster is a little more difficult than it should be. He also said that Turtle Rock is going to need to get out new hunters, monsters, and maps in the full game as quickly as possible because even if they balance it out just right he said he still feels like the game will get old really fast without a lot of variety.

Dr. Pezus

A friend of mine is in the X1 alpha and he doesn't like it. Apparently, playing as the monster sucks. Hunters are on your dog too easily and the controls are a pain. If you get caught as anything other than stage 3 you're at a big disadvantage and even at that stage you don't feel as lethal as you should. He said the groups he has been in just blast the heck out of stage 3's with no problem. Healing for the hunters is way too easy. It comes down mostly to balancing feeling way off and controlling the monster is a little more difficult than it should be. He also said that Turtle Rock is going to need to get out new hunters, monsters, and maps in the full game as quickly as possible because even if they balance it out just right he said he still feels like the game will get old really fast without a lot of variety.

Well it is an alpha...

Raven

Well it is an alpha...

Yeah. We both know that. That's why I mentioned that it's mostly a balancing thing.

BasilZero

Raven

Actually got to try it at my friend's place on his X1. They seemed to have shifted the balancing considerably. The monster is now much more dangerous. A stage 1 kraken layed waste to us. The goliath is nearly unstoppable at stage 3. The hunters now absolutely must communicate and coordinate unless you're in a very good group that just knows what to do. Trappers have to slow them down. Medics need to be on top of healing. Support must properly time their abilities. Assault needs to be as close to the monster as necessary and pressuring it to focus on them. The hunters did not win a single match I played. The monster either always managed to evade us and get to stage 3 which then ended up being a slaughter or, in the case of the one time I fought a kraken, blew us up from the air where most of our abilities and weapons were useless. The visuals are really good. Sadly, everything in the game happens so fast or is causing you to constantly have a sense of urgency so you never really have much time to appreciate the details or the monsters you fight. The maps are rather small but that's to be expected considering the gameplay. However, some maps feel not only small but also very confined. Those can be a serious pain. There seems to be only one objective type so hopefully more will be added. This is probably going to be one of those games where playing with friends is a blast but playing with random people makes you hate it.

Dr. Pezus

Actually got to try it at my friend's place on his X1. They seemed to have shifted the balancing considerably. The monster is now much more dangerous. A stage 1 kraken layed waste to us. The goliath is nearly unstoppable at stage 3. The hunters now absolutely must communicate and coordinate unless you're in a very good group that just knows what to do. Trappers have to slow them down. Medics need to be on top of healing. Support must properly time their abilities. Assault needs to be as close to the monster as necessary and pressuring it to focus on them. The hunters did not win a single match I played. The monster either always managed to evade us and get to stage 3 which then ended up being a slaughter or, in the case of the one time I fought a kraken, blew us up from the air where most of our abilities and weapons were useless. The visuals are really good. Sadly, everything in the game happens so fast or is causing you to constantly have a sense of urgency so you never really have much time to appreciate the details or the monsters you fight. The maps are rather small but that's to be expected considering the gameplay. However, some maps feel not only small but also very confined. Those can be a serious pain. There seems to be only one objective type so hopefully more will be added. This is probably going to be one of those games where playing with friends is a blast but playing with random people makes you hate it.

A lot like L4D then in that regard. That can be a good thing

Go Up