Dragon Quest I, II, and III coming to PS4 and 3DS in August in Japan

Viewing single post

Started by BasilZero, Aug 06, 2017, 10:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Aug 09, 2017, 03:17 PM Last Edit: Aug 09, 2017, 03:18 PM by darkknightkryta
Revelations 2 is one game out of hundreds that came out prior and after that didnt even hit the platform. You dont buy a system just for one game especially one that is practically on all platforms or will be.

Sony gave support for just 3 years but nothing more, stopping 1st party support for a system you create is one way to kill it off.

Of course Sony did it themselves, its the same reason why Nintendo publishes certain games when the original dev/pub doesnt want to publish it. Because the original dev wants incentive to allow those companies to release the game without having themselves do it cause they dont consider it worthy enough and think of it as a loss.

It doesnt matter if the company listens to fans, what comes down to the end is fans or lets say the proper terminology, one that the industry actually uses to determine if they should release a game on a platform:  consumers - want a platform that will have dedicated 1st party AND 3rd party support otherwise why would you buy a game system? To follow a cult following of "fans"? lol

The Vita flopped to the consumers because (amongst other reasons like memory card prices) it lost first party support after 3 years, and lost AAA support soon after that. It was left with niche titles, doesnt matter how their rated. People dont buy games because of ratings.

Its competition (being 3DS directly) completely destroyed it. There were 3DS games that was not on other platforms (i.e. Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest) while Vita had piss poor versions of console ports that came out originally on PS3. Especially now, majority of Vita games can be played in a better version through the PS4 or PC - and the support for the Vita like I said is dwindling as devs from the east are focusing on the Switch since they consider that as the actual successor to how they been releasing games. A platform that is more powerful than previous handhelds, has a strong first party support and is portable is far more appetizing than a system that actually only sells well in one region and gets next to nothing in terms of first party support.

Why would I buy a Vita to play Gravity Rush when I can just buy the PS4 version?

The WiiU flopped to the consumers because it had no third party support and the third party support it had was like Vita's AAA third party support. shaming versions of its competitor platforms. Mass Effect 3 was released with some DLC not even available for an example AND Mass Effect Trilogy was released on competitor platforms exactly 1 month after ME3 came out on WiiU.

Why would I buy third party games on the WiiU if there are other platforms that give me better options and actually include content that is related to the game?

You can sugarcoat it as many times as you want. Vita and WiiU are two of the worst flops in each company's line of platforms. Even the N64/GCN had better third party support than the WiiU AND it sold more.  The Vita is nothing compared to the PSP which had a decent amount of first party support and actual decent AAA support, not as good as home consoles, but it was way better than the Vita. Vita couldnt even get a FF game yet its competitor got a FF clone in the form of Bravely Default and I guess that awful music FF game.
So let's get this right.  After 3 years of Sony supporting the Vita.  Keyword here: "support".  They rightfully killed it off.  In those 3 years no one bought a VIta because there wasn't "support".  Notice the contradiction?  Sony supported the console, but it didn't sell because Sony didn't support it, which one is it?  You can't say they supported the thing for 3 years, losing god knows how much money, then say they didn't actually do it.  The Vita has every Final Fantasy game up until 10-2.  Why would you want a pretty ugly clone instead?  Hell let's ignore World of Final Fantasy is on the thing and has a far higher production value than anything Square released on the 3DS.  Gravity Rush was ported to the PS4 YEARS after the game originally released.  Yes, buying a Vita for Gravity Rush was the only way.  Wii U has more third party support in its first month than the Switch has for its first year.  What are you going on about?  Also back on point, you're rambling about irrelevant things.  Vita is a failure, sure, so's the Wii U, what does that have to do with anything?  The reason I brought up the 3DS is because that was "supported", yet when you look at the numbers the Vita has more games, and has more higher rated titles.  So Vita has no support, then the 3DS has no support?  Our argument is over Sony's support for the Vita.  Which I explained to you it did, you agree it did, but because Sony ended support after 3 years, which is also wrong since they still released what they could within budget up until last year, it doesn't.  If you can't see the contradiction I don't know what to tell you.  The reason I bring up Dragon Quest, is because Dragon Quest 11 was announced a little after Dragon Quest Heroes which was more or less designed for the Vita, and sold well on the VIta.  While I'm not saying the 3DS version of Dragon Quest doesn't  make financial sense, Vita not getting Dragon Quest 11 makes no sense, since at announcement the Vita was getting a lot of Dragon Quest support, and the titles sold well on it.  Hell even the 3DS title is suspicious considering Horii was going on and on for a while on how he wanted the next Dragon Quest to have the console quality, just for resources to be wasted on the ugly 3DS version.  Hell Dragon Quest XI PS4 version was developed externally while the 3DS version was developed internally.  Why waste the resources?  PS4/Switch version makes the most sense to have been developed internally, unless Nintendo has something on Dragon Quest and a 3DS version needed to be made?