Fish tacos thread of making!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

So i'm redoing my kitchen (contractors,.. not me):

and one of the things we did to get more out of our small kitchen is move the garage door from the middle of the kitchen to the living room.  Thing is the new door is in the exact spot that my high speed internet and tv were wired to.  Contractors refused to do the job (claim to be unqualified) so i took on the job myself.

I moved the internet moved from where the door is to the bookshelf just to the left of the fireplace.

rewiring a house with walls in place isn't always easy so i cut open the conduit to the power outlet already in my book shelf, installed a box so i could splice in the ethernet cable, and fished it up from there.

that meant i could install the ethernet just above the existing power outlet (not a bad place for it).  This is where my tv, router, and second ps4 will be installed.

exiting power outlet on bottom.  new ethernet on top.

in doing this project i upgrade from ACC to pure copper ethernet cable.  it is a pretty long cable i'm running (~120 ft),.. the new cable gets almost double the speed out of it meaning i get almost my full 30 mbs instead of 15-16 mbs.   i'm happy!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens