How fast does time fly?

Started by Legend, Oct 14, 2017, 01:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

December 2016 still feels like last month to me. Time goes way way way too fast.

the-pi-guy

This past year especially has flown by.

Honestly I'd agree with the OP.  Dec. 2016 feels like last month.  I always took it as me getting married and school made it go by pretty fast.

Proxy-Pie

How the shame is 2017 almost over lol.

I still feel like 2014 shouldn't be over.

Xevross

Yeah its fudgy mental. We're halfway through October and I feel like Summer hasn't happened yet.

Also it depends on how fast you throw the clock :o

the-pi-guy

Yeah its fudgy mental. We're halfway through October and I feel like Summer hasn't happened yet.

Also it depends on how fast you throw the clock :o
Depends on your relative speed.

Xevross

Depends on your relative speed.

Also the gravity of your situation

darkknightkryta

Well if it makes you feel any better, time moves differently on the moon.

Legend

I mean technically...

the-pi-guy

Time moves differently on your head than on your feet because it has an ever slightly weaker gravity.

darkknightkryta

I mean technically...
I remember reading they sent an atomic clock up to the moon and back.  It was out of sync from the clock that they synced it with on earth.

Xevross

I remember reading they sent an atomic clock up to the moon and back.  It was out of sync from the clock that they synced it with on earth.
Well that also has the added effect of being moved in a different frame to Earth on the way to the moon. So the difference in the clocks will be from relative speeds as well as different gravity conditions.
Time moves differently on your head than on your feet because it has an ever slightly weaker gravity.
I wonder if we'll ever be able to manipulate space-time, to make effects like these much more significant

Legend

I don't know about the moon, but it's standard for clocks on satellites. They resync the clocks with a ground station daily to keep them from getting off.

Xbro

What did I just walk into?
3 people like this

darkknightkryta

Well that also has the added effect of being moved in a different frame to Earth on the way to the moon. So the difference in the clocks will be from relative speeds as well as different gravity conditions.I wonder if we'll ever be able to manipulate space-time, to make effects like these much more significant
Yes that's what I was saying without the science behind it XD