Predict Project Morpheus launch plans!!!

Started by Legend, Mar 05, 2015, 08:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Final name:
PlayStation Reality

Launch Bundels:
Just the headset, $199

Headset + PS4 camera, $249

Headset + PS4 camera + two PS Move wands + retail VR game, $299

Launch Games:
Free Demo game that includes into the deep, luge, the knight dragon castle, playroom robots, and a few other things. Basically the playroom but for VR. Designed as the equivalent of pack in software for PlayStation Reality.

London Heist. $40 game, the one included in the bundle. This is a semi short but full game experience. Basically red steel.

Media Molecules new game. $60 world builder. Use move wands to create and explore in virtual reality.

A bunch of indies like no man's sky, the witness, VizionEck, etc.

Soon after launch games:

Quantic Dream's new game. Their traditional emotion focused experience, but built from the ground up for VR. Game is VR exclusive and awesome.

Pixelopus's new game. It's small and cheap and basically indie but whatever.

Uncharted 4 VR patch.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I agree, for the.most part add 50 to each process point and Uncharted vr isn't going to happen.

kitler53

everything you said makes sense...

....but if they don't have VR support for driveclub and/or GT it is a real missed opportunity.   i think driving games is a no-brainer for VR.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Rorono

everything you said makes sense...

....but if they don't have VR support for driveclub and/or GT it is a real missed opportunity.   i think driving games is a no-brainer for VR.

I think Yoshida said he tried racing VR and it just wasn't good/playable, probably the because of the speed I dunno

7H3

I agree, for the.most part add 50 to each process point and Uncharted vr isn't going to happen.

pretty much this
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Why so expensive? This is a device that Sony would want to sell at cost, not make a big profit off. By making ps4 vr big, they sell so much software and ps4s.

Also why no Uncharted? Uncharted 3 was rebuilt just so it could do 3D. If Sony was willing to push them enough back then, I doubt they wouldn't push them now.

Plus the whole game doesn't need vr. Just soom vr features like artifact showrooms.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Why so expensive? This is a device that Sony would want to sell at cost, not make a big profit off. By making ps4 vr big, they sell so much software and ps4s.

Also why no Uncharted? Uncharted 3 was rebuilt just so it could do 3D. If Sony was willing to push them enough back then, I doubt they wouldn't push them now.

Plus the whole game doesn't need vr. Just soom vr features like artifact showrooms.

I just don't feel that ND will want to do anything with VR at first. I feel they'll want to make a game from the ground up, for it. Which might require a 3rd team. As they don't want to take away from their bread and butter, when lets face it, nobody can be sure that VR on ps4 will be a success. Sony/ND will not want to pull talent from what they know already works.

Price because the specs are nice, I also feel they still plan to put eye tracking inside the head set. As it could really help cut down processing power by fully rendering only what it knows you're looking at. At least that how i feel it would work, but not sure. Then you have the breakout box, which adds cost. And optics aren't cheap. There seems to be an actuator or motor of some sort inside the headset now to push the optics away from your face so you can see your surrounding if need. It's all these things that are building up the cost. And we know they have to sell for a profit. Even a small one.

I'd love for you to be right though. As i plan to buy this and valves set up.

Legend

I just don't feel that ND will want to do anything with VR at first. I feel they'll want to make a game from the ground up, for it. Which might require a 3rd team. As they don't want to take away from their bread and butter, when lets face it, nobody can be sure that VR on ps4 will be a success. Sony/ND will not want to pull talent from what they know already works.

Price because the specs are nice, I also feel they still plan to put eye tracking inside the head set. As it could really help cut down processing power by fully rendering only what it knows you're looking at. At least that how i feel it would work, but not sure. Then you have the breakout box, which adds cost. And optics aren't cheap. There seems to be an actuator or motor of some sort inside the headset now to push the optics away from your face so you can see your surrounding if need. It's all these things that are building up the cost. And we know they have to sell for a profit. Even a small one.

I'd love for you to be right though. As i plan to buy this and valves set up.

ND certainly wouldn't change the game around VR, but you don't think some second team won't come in and do the vr work for them?

Foveated imaging is hard enough with constant detailing. Reseting it with eye tracking in real time is certainly possible, but at the moment you're going to be using a lot more power than you're saving. No motor either. It's just a manual slider.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mar 05, 2015, 11:05 PM Last Edit: Mar 05, 2015, 11:08 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos

ND certainly wouldn't change the game around VR, but you don't think some second team won't come in and do the vr work for them?

Foveated imaging is hard enough with constant detailing. Reseting it with eye tracking in real time is certainly possible, but at the moment you're going to be using a lot more power than you're saving. No motor either. It's just a manual slider.

Lame about the slider. They made it sound like you pressed a button and it slid back and forth.

Does it have to reset the render?    Wouldn't be like this    480/720/1080\720\480  1080 being directly what your looking and 720 being your peripheral vision  480 being the edge of your Peripheral vision. Is that not possible?

Legend

Lame about the slider. They made it sound like you pressed a button and it slid back and forth.

Does it have to reset the render?    Wouldn't be like this    480/720/1080\720\480  1080 being directly what your looking and 720 being your peripheral vision  480 being the edge of your Peripheral vision. Is that not possible?

No it doesn't have to reset the render. Resolutions can be changed on the fly. The problem is streaming assets and what not. In order to get one area of the image to render at lower quality, you need to do a lot of calculations to make that happen. Changing the location every frame of those bad spots just increases the calculations.

It'd be like rendering the frame with a small field of view, and then rendering it again with a large field of view. The first image could be placed on the second image, thus giving the center better quality, but it's not going to significantly faster than just rendering the full image at good quality. That's probably the simplest way to get somewhat foveated imaging, and more advanced techniques really don't help.

Lots of companies are looking into it, but the tech just isn't there yet.

DD_Bwest

I predict sony has some super secret game that we'll see at e3 that will go with the launch :P