PS+ 5 million active subscribers

Started by Legend, Sep 04, 2014, 01:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Instant game collection.

Oh, i dunno. Even if they get to keep half it's amazing.

nnodley

Lol it let me scroll sideways this time, so I got to the end.  WELL PLAYED!!

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BananaKing

less than i expected. but that number is going to increase dramatically this holiday once online focused games like destiny and CoD will hit. AC and Farcry both have a strong online component that will help a lot. so far this yea the biggest games were single player focused more like watch dogs and infamous. the number will increase with time. it wont ever reach 80% or higher. but i can see it settling at around 60%~65% of PS4 owners.

7H3

Sep 04, 2014, 01:17 PM Last Edit: Sep 04, 2014, 01:20 PM by 7H3

Oh, i dunno. Even if they get to keep half it's amazing.

But how much less are they making due to the igc?

I think the IGC will only get better over time for PS4... Also who knows what service or costs are really associated with server maintenance that sony is eating/trying to supplement with PS+ subs
in the past on xbox systems I don't think there was really any service being provided there... there were some cool features (from what I've heard) but nothing that truly merits charging for a service... I think this gen MS is doing a lot more with their service to actually merit charging for it (and thats with out Games with Gold) I think Sony is just trying to improve their service overall and plan on using PS Now and PS+ to help supplement those costs, and maybe start actually providing something that seems like an actual service beyond free games.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Xevross

Much moneys for Sony! Oh no you didn't put that many spoiler tags! Looks cool when you open them all

Dr. Pezus

If I had to guess I'd say Sony has 7m+ PS Plus subscribers now, 5m+ of which are on PS4.

Go Up