Tomb Raider exclusivity has a duration

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 13, 2014, 01:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

what do you mean shows? like in the bar at the bottom of your browser? what happens when you click the link? I clicked copy address and what I got I posted above

Exactly what is showing here... this text.

Code: [Select]
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/13/5998637/tomb-raider-exclusivity

I don't have the battleship filter one :D

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

Ohhhhhhh it is redirecting...

I get now... but it is so fast I can't see that happening... this api.viglink.com is a feature of the forum that redirects to the final site... GAF uses it too.

So every link you posted will use this redirection.

Legend turned it on... read more here: http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=563.msg23428

ethomaz

Aug 13, 2014, 09:03 PM Last Edit: Aug 13, 2014, 09:06 PM by ethomaz
Ohhhh it is getting a hell of fun.

I never saw this gif.

Think like a gaming talk between Ben Kuchera and Alex Albrecht.

Edit - That other.

Raven

So wait... the dude from Lolygon is saying it would have been a smart move for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be fully exclusive to Xbox One?

ethomaz

So wait... the dude from Lolygon is saying it would have been a smart move for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be fully exclusive to Xbox One?

"Because it means more sales and profits".

Legend

More profit, most likely considering SE is a business and Microsoft would have paid them.

More sales? Eh, only if it's timed and comes to PS4 a few months later do I see that as being a possibility. No way would it increase in sales by switching to a full exclusive.

ethomaz

Aug 13, 2014, 09:27 PM Last Edit: Aug 13, 2014, 09:30 PM by ethomaz
Some princeless logics.

Maybe not. You're going to hear from the players who only own the PS4, because they have the most to lose from this deal. They don't get to play the game until it's released on their platform. But that number is smaller than you think, as many gamers buy both consoles.

Let's assume a market of 100 people, because the math is easy. Maybe 25 people will only own the Xbox One. Maybe 25 people will only own the PS4. It's also very possible that 50 of those people own both consoles. "So it's not that they're cutting off half their market; they may only be cutting off 25 percent," Zatkin said.

The number of lost sales is only about the customers who only own the PS4, and that number is smaller than you think once you take into account customers who own both systems.

Somebody tells him there are a minimum of 5 million PS4 users that didn't have a Xbox One... so there are more PS4 users that didn't have a Xbox One than users with Xbox One.

Raven

"Because it means more sales and profits".

Some more hardware sales for Microsoft, maybe. Not better sales or profit overall for Square Enix. Full exclusivity to Xbox platforms, which are currently losing and sold far fewer Tomb Raider copies than PlayStation last time, would cause Rise of the Tomb Raider to miss out on a significant number of sales. Unless he has data that shows that all current PlayStation owners who want the game would buy an Xbox platform just for it or that so few PlayStation owners would buy the game that it would hardly be worth releasing it on anything other than an Xbox platform. Nevermind the fact that we're completely overlooking PC gamers. There is a reason third-party exclusives became very difficult to come by over the years and it's not because they made less profit being multiplatform. fudgy retard. Not surprised coming from someone from Polygon. They have so many Xbox fanboys on their staff that it's a fudgy joke they run a website for all platforms.

BananaKing

expected. even if it doesnt ever come to PS it will likely come to PC sooner or later, then ill play it.

Legend

expected. even if it doesnt ever come to PS it will likely come to PC sooner or later, then ill play it.

Yeah I think someone could actually make it into an article about how Microsoft is actually pretty good at supporting PC players with their exclusives.

Riderz1337

Ohhhh it is getting a hell of fun.

I never saw this gif.

Think like a gaming talk between Ben Kuchera and Alex Albrecht.

Edit - That other.

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

lol

Seriously. He thinks as many people will own PS4 as Xbox One. Lmfao

Xevross

Man that polygon guy is dumb as fudge

ethomaz

Go Up