Why is it that most poor selling consoles are considered really good?

Started by Legend, Aug 08, 2014, 07:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

BananaKing

because they most probably are. the successful ones are also considered "better" usually, because they have more games.

Legend

because they most probably are. the successful ones are also considered "better" usually, because they have more games.

Dreamcast>PS2

Gamecube>PS2

Vita>3DS

I think people just like being hipsters

Dr. Pezus

It has always been cool to be anti-mainstream.. Still, most of the worse selling ones had more capabilities and power than the more successful ones.

u4gReservoirDogs

Dreamcast>PS2

Gamecube>PS2

Vita>3DS

Fixed!  ;)
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Dr. Pezus

u4gReservoirDogs

You welcome Legend!  8)
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

BananaKing

Dreamcast>PS2

Gamecube>PS2

Vita>3DS

no console was better than the PS2 during that gen, anyone saying so is in denial. the PS2 got by far the most amount of games.

Legend

no console was better than the PS2 during that gen, anyone saying so is in denial. the PS2 got by far the most amount of games.

The most sure, but not the most awesome ones.

Luigi's Mansion, Smash, Pikmin, Zelda, etc. were all better than the PS2 offerings. As a kid before I even knew multiplats existed, I preferred gamecube over PS2.

ethomaz

Aug 08, 2014, 09:53 PM Last Edit: Aug 08, 2014, 10:03 PM by ethomaz
My best choices per generation.

3th: NES
4th: SNES
5th: PS1 / N64 tie (I guess I loved N64 more bit I know PS1 had better lineup)
6th: PS2
7th: PS3
8th: PS4

Seems like I changed my fanboy life over the time lol

Raven

Luigi's Mansion, Smash, Pikmin, Zelda, etc. were all better than the PS2 offerings. As a kid before I even knew multiplats existed, I preferred gamecube over PS2.

BananaKing

that can be a matter of opinion. but speaking objectivly there are a lot of games that came out on the PS2 that didnt come out on the gamecube. GoW, Metal Gear, Final Fantasty, GTA, Gran Turismo, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and a lot lot more.

PS1 had more games than the N64 and rendered it the better console, but i still like the n64 much more.

ethomaz

that can be a matter of opinion. but speaking objectivly there are a lot of games that came out on the PS2 that didnt come out on the gamecube. GoW, Metal Gear, Final Fantasty, GTA, Gran Turismo, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and a lot lot more.

PS1 had more games than the N64 and rendered it the better console, but i still like the n64 much more.

ICO
Shadown of Collosus
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Devil May Cry
Dark Cloud
Dragon Quest
God Hand
Kingdom Hearts
Okami
Shin Megami Tensei
Soulcalibur
Suikoden
Viewtiful Legend
Zone of the Enders
Silent Hill

Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator

There is not comparison... PS2 can't be compared with others consoles :D

Dr. Pezus

God of War, Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo single handedly destroyed anything on other consoles

the-pi-guy

-Some people like to be hipster. 
-Because the systems ARE really good, just perhaps more expensive, (perhaps more complicated as well) so they don't sell as well. 

Personally I'd take PS2 over GameCube, but GameCube is amazing.