No Man's Sky "Path Finder" Content Update announced

Started by Legend, Mar 07, 2017, 05:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GribbleGrunger

I bought it digital. Plus I don't sell games.
I'm never going to buy a AAA priced game digitally. My games tend to cost me about $20 - £25 just because I always sell older games to get them.

SWORDF1SH

I'm never going to buy a AAA priced game digitally. My games tend to cost me about $20 - £25 just because I always sell older games to get them.
I tend to look at the cheapest price at retail and see how much cheaper it is compared to digital. If there isn't much difference I more than often buy digital. Never bought a game over 50 quid though. Btw stop appearing offline on PS4 :-P

GribbleGrunger

I tend to look at the cheapest price at retail and see how much cheaper it is compared to digital. If there isn't much difference I more than often buy digital. Never bought a game over 50 quid though. Btw stop appearing offline on PS4 :-P
Is there any way I can make myself visible to certain people?

SWORDF1SH

Is there any way I can make myself visible to certain people?
I'm not sure.
Look! Nobody will judge you for playing Knack, it's a widely accepted classic nowadays.

GribbleGrunger

I'm not sure.
Look! Nobody will judge you for playing Knack, it's a widely accepted classic nowadays.
But what if I'm watching bad stuff?

I just like to zone out when I play ... (games)

SWORDF1SH

But what if I'm watching bad stuff?

I just like to zone out when I play ... (games)
It doesn't show if you're using the Internet browser so you can watch Shaving Ryan's Privates, Womb Raider and still keep your privacy.

Legend

There is an end but it's about 255 galaxies away
It's the same non-ending after the 256th galaxy too. Can't remember if it looped back to the first galaxy or if it repeated the last galaxy.

GribbleGrunger

It's the same non-ending after the 256th galaxy too. Can't remember if it looped back to the first galaxy or if it repeated the last galaxy.
It loops to the next galaxy and I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated it. I did it five times in fact, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. It's very Zenish.

Legend

It loops to the next galaxy and I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated it. I did it five times in fact, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. It's very Zenish.
Yeah after each galaxy it goes to the next, but the last galaxy doesn't have an end either. It loops to a previous one.

I wish the different galaxies had wildly different parameters for the procedural generation. Lots of things they could do for NMS 2/a patch.

GribbleGrunger

Yeah after each galaxy it goes to the next, but the last galaxy doesn't have an end either. It loops to a previous one.

I wish the different galaxies had wildly different parameters for the procedural generation. Lots of things they could do for NMS 2/a patch.
Someone has actually gone through ALL the galaxies?

Legend

Someone has actually gone through ALL the galaxies?

YUp. On PC it's pretty easy to cheat by either increasing ship stats or just teleporting. Nothing is coded uniquely for the last galaxy.

THis was way back at launch so by now I'm sure some speedrunners have made it to the end without cheats.

GribbleGrunger

YUp. On PC it's pretty easy to cheat by either increasing ship stats or just teleporting. Nothing is coded uniquely for the last galaxy.

THis was way back at launch so by now I'm sure some speedrunners have made it to the end without cheats.
Oh, right. Yeah, I suppose it would be nice for Hello Games to code in some 'ending' for those who like to feel they've completed a game. Personally, I didn't buy it to complete, I bought it to play but to each there own as they say. It's like Minecraft for me. I never even considered finishing that game and don't really think it's designed for that purpose, although (obviously) there IS an end if you so wish.

How about contributing to my photo thread? Come on!

Legend

Oh, right. Yeah, I suppose it would be nice for Hello Games to code in some 'ending' for those who like to feel they've completed a game. Personally, I didn't buy it to complete, I bought it to play but to each there own as they say. It's like Minecraft for me. I never even considered finishing that game and don't really think it's designed for that purpose, although (obviously) there IS an end if you so wish.

How about contributing to my photo thread? Come on!
I don't have the game. The PC's delayed release and glitchy launch made me miss out on the hype zeitgeist so now it's in my purchase backlog.

I agree with you about the need for an ending. A traditional ending cutscene wouldn't fit well with No Man's Sky.

GribbleGrunger

I don't have the game. The PC's delayed release and glitchy launch made me miss out on the hype zeitgeist so now it's in my purchase backlog.

I agree with you about the need for an ending. A traditional ending cutscene wouldn't fit well with No Man's Sky.
The thing is, I saw what I got as 'an end' and it actually satisfied me in a way other games don't.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, the ending/no ending thing is kinda the tricky thing that I've thought about a lot. 
Having a definable ending generally helps a game because it gives you something to do, but some games are intended to have freedom and a definable ending would generally get in the way of that. 
I have mentioned all this before, but ideally these types of games seem like they should have objectives to keep playing. 
But I think it'd need to have like really awesome unique objectives that get generated. 
Seems like either some crazy clever procedural generation or AI thing would have to be figured out. 

Go Up