Star Citizen

Viewing single post

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

May 21, 2017, 03:21 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:18 PM by Raven
I do agree that we're at a tipping point, but that doesn't mean Roberts can just throw together a super show that pleases everyone. Last year's Citizencon was when I had the mindshift and started thinking about how long the road ahead was, and that was even when I expected the 3.X series to happen somewhat on time.

Anything they show will be awesome, but nothing they show can change the fact that basic game features are still very far out. The tipping point imo is that people are starting to judge the game as it is today verse judging the promise of what it'll be down the line.

I'm not expecting a super show, I'm just expecting them to avoid showing us more of the same. I know a lot of people would rather see 30 minutes of SQ42 and some footage of upcoming features we haven't seen yet than anything else about 3.0 that they've been showing for a while now. There just seems to be this growing feeling of "we've waited long enough to see the real good stuff, time to deliver". They're not going to win anymore favor by showing yet another planetary landing when people want to see examples of the universe coming alive.

Between Gamescom and CitizenCon this year, they have to do what they did last year. Silence critics by showing something awesome that people didn't think they would pull off. Only in this case, it needs to be something people never doubted but have waited ages to see in real time. I think they're doing a good job so far of showing the progression of the game but I think they need to step it up in the second half of this year. Give us something REALLY chewy that is going to take a while to get through, because the steak they threw us last year is practically gone at this point.

What are YOU hoping to see?