Halo 5 Leak Shows Aim Down Sight and Sprint, Fans Voice Outrage

Started by Raven, Nov 09, 2014, 06:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Here we go. Still a year away from release and the crying about the game's direction has started. The sad thing is that no matter what 343i does they will be demonized. If they don't make any changes to the gameplay they'll catch hell for 'just making the same old game'. If they make those changes they'll catch hell for 'daring to change a beloved franchise'. If you ask me, Halo needs change and I'm actually someone who wants to see more than just sprinting and ADS (aim down sights).

Raven

Dr. Pezus

That ASD isn't exactly fluid but will probably be fixed before release. I see no problem with it personally. Didn't realize Halo didn't have it already.

Raven

Sprint was already in Halo 4 but some people insisted it needs to go. Shinobi is on NeoGAF stating that all weapons will be able to be ADS.

The big thing about Halo 5 shouldn't even be about the mechanics. Which do need to be changed if Halo really wants to keep up in the post-Modern Warfare/Battlefield 3 landscape. Shinobi is claiming he was told that Master Chief is actually NOT the main character in Halo 5. That it is actually Agent Locke. Which, if true, means 343i essentially lied about who the main protagonist would be.

Raven

LMFAO

I don't agree with this guy but it was still funny as hell.

Mmm_fish_tacos

What's wrong with ADS? Personally it's leagues better than what halo use to do. And sprint? really? How dated do they want to game to feel?

Raven

What's wrong with ADS? Personally it's leagues better than what halo use to do. And sprint? really? How dated do they want to game to feel?

Exactly the way I feel. The funny thing is, Halo has always had weapons you looked down a scope to help increase accuracy. Sniper rifles, DMRs, battle rifles, rockets launchers, and even pistols. The weapons that didn't use sights were weapons that were really only good for mid to short range engagements anyways. So shooting from the hip was actually a good option and even used in games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. This just gives people who want increased accuracy at ranges where they feel more comfortable to use them the option to do so. People will still very likely fire shotguns and assault rifles off the hip.

Also, the weapon in that clip is a battle rifle. A weapon that had a scope you looked through for long range or fired from the hip at mid range but at that point you were better off using a different weapon. So aiming down with that weapon is actually common anyways. The difference is that apparently weapons in Halo 5 will have attachment options and one of them for the battle rifle is the sight we see in that clip instead of an actual scope. Basically, people are pissed that options for playstyles are being added instead of keeping the game a constant run-n-gun hipfire-fest for pretty much anyone not using a scope weapon that they don't even like. What makes that even more entertaining is that people are crying that they want to keep the run-n-gun feel but they don't want sprint. What?

Like you said, Halo has felt dated. Its mechanics have remained almost entirely unchanged since the original game from 13 years ago.

ethomaz

lol ar the people that hated Destiny gun due ADS and sprint.

Raven

lol ar the people that hated Destiny gun due ADS and sprint.

It'll definitely be interesting to hear the reactions from fanboys who slammed Destiny for having mechanics that Halo 5 now has.

DD_Bwest

is it just me, or does it look a hell of alot like destiny

ethomaz

is it just me, or does it look a hell of alot like destiny

Destiny is the evolution of Reach gunplay with sprint + ADS.

So yeap.

NeverDies

I still think it looks fun.  *crickets*
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

I still think it looks fun.  *crickets*

Not sure if sarcasm or...

Legend

Not sure if sarcasm or...

He's saying no one agrees with him that it still looks fun.