Uncharted 4 was a bad uncharted game. Are people ready to admit that?

Started by Legend, Apr 13, 2018, 11:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

On its own it'd be pretty solid, but as Uncharted 4 it's incredibly disappointing and does its best to ruin the series. Kinda makes me worried for TLOU2.

the-pi-guy

Nope. 
It's still the second best. 

Uncharted 3 was awful to play.  That game I had to slog through the first time. 

nnodley

Yeah sorry you're wrong! :P   It's my favorite with 2 being a super close second.

Xevross

Nope. Uncharted 1 & 3 had much lower lows. At some points during those I really lost the will to play and had to push through. Uncharted 4 just has pacing issues during the third quarter of the game, an over reliance on stealth in encounters and a slight lack of action set pieces.

Its the second best Uncharted game. I'd say its my third favourite though, I love Lost Legacy to bits but its too short to say its a better game.

BananaKing

Uncharted 4 had pacing issues and set piece issues (there were too little) but best gameplay and level design. It also had a great story and enemy. Also the treasures story was by far the best in the series

Kerotan

1. Uncharted 2
2. Uncharted  lost legacy
3. Uncharted
4. Uncharted 4
5 Uncharted 3

I'd have to play through it a second time to really judge it.

Xevross

Uncharted 4 had pacing issues and set piece issues (there were too little) but best gameplay and level design. It also had a great story and enemy. Also the treasures story was by far the best in the series
Agreed. The gunplay is so much of an improvement, and the level design with different paths was often excellent. The story is the best along with #2. And for me it only falls short on pacing and set pieces compared to #2, like you said.

Its a shame it didn't travel around the world as much as well, but that doesn't really matter in terms of quality to me.

I don't see how Legend thinks its a bad Uncharted game

Legend

Seems I can answer the op myself: no they are not ready  ::)

Spoiler for Hidden:
I was stuck in a long car ride today and eventually Uncharted 4 came up. That game legit made me stop caring about the series. Uncharted used to be my favorite franchise of all time. It was so incredibly disappointing.

Xevross

1. Uncharted 2
2. Uncharted 4
3. Uncharted LL
4. Uncharted 3
5 Uncharted
6. Uncharted Golden Abyss
Changed this to my order of them.

the-pi-guy

Spoiler for Hidden:
I was stuck in a long car ride today and eventually Uncharted 4 came up. That game legit made me stop caring about the series. Uncharted used to be my favorite franchise of all time. It was so incredibly disappointing.

Uncharted 3 did that to me. :P

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:

But why?

BananaKing

Agreed. The gunplay is so much of an improvement, and the level design with different paths was often excellent. The story is the best along with #2. And for me it only falls short on pacing and set pieces compared to #2, like you said.

Its a shame it didn't travel around the world as much as well, but that doesn't really matter in terms of quality to me.

I don't see how Legend thinks its a bad Uncharted game
I liked how they were stranded on an island and were both looking and hunting for the treasure trying to find it first. Maybe legend doesn't like it because they didn't find a lost city at the end :P

He probably doesn't like it because it's much more grounded than the first 3 uncharted games, which is ironically something I prefer. My main issue was with the pacing which was at times horrible and boring

Xevross

Uncharted 3 did that to me. :P
I found 3 to be really great still, it just had some parts that dragged way too long or were super annoying.

the-pi-guy

Uncharted 4 had some not great pacing towards the end.  Some parts went on for a while.  But even when the pacing was bad, I was still enjoying myself.  It was like "this game should be done right about now, but that's okay".

With 3, there was a huge section of the game where I literally wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going.  

Xevross

I liked how they were stranded on an island and were both looking and hunting for the treasure trying to find it first. Maybe legend doesn't like it because they didn't find a lost city at the end :P

He probably doesn't like it because it's much more grounded than the first 3 uncharted games, which is ironically something I prefer. My main issue was with the pacing which was at times horrible and boring
I think U4 was missing two big action sequences. One around the start, to break up the slower bits until they get to the end of Scotland. One around 3/4 through, so it isn't just the same jungle/ sunken building encounter over and over for like 2 or 3 hours at whatever point that is. That would have fixed two problems.

Man, if it just had something of the quality of the ending action sequence in Lost Legacy it would be up there with U2.