Bernie Sanders You fudgy Idiot

Started by kitler53, May 26, 2016, 02:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/bernie-sanders-accepts-donald-trumps-debate-challenge

Bernie Sanders accepts Donald Trump's debate 'challenge'

Over the course of the Democratic presidential race, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders faced off in 9 debates and 13 forums, each of which were televised nationally. When Sanders recently pushed for yet another showdown - this time, for some reason, on Fox News - Clinton surprised no one by declining. The Democratic frontrunner, after all, is gearing up for the general election.

But what about a debate featuring Sanders and that other presidential candidate?
In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.

On ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders.
"Yes, I am," the presumptive Republican nominee replied. "How much is he going to pay me? If I debated him, we would have such high ratings, I think I should take that money and give it to charity."

Soon after, Sanders published a tweet that said, "Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary."

It's probably worth pausing to note this gathering seems unlikely. Trump makes all kinds of odd comments, especially during talk-show appearances, and it's very difficult to know when he's being serious given how little he thinks things through. I don't doubt that Sanders is sincere about his interest in such a debate, but Trump may not be.

Or maybe he is. It's a bizarre year, and unlike most recent election cycles, it's generally a good idea to expect the unexpected.

In case it's not obvious, there's no precedent for anything like this in modern American history. After a major-party candidate wraps up his party's nomination, he's always shifted his attention to the general election, not debating the second-place candidate in the other party who's effectively mathematically eliminated from contention.

Of course, there's also no precedent for a major party nominating a nativist reality-show personality to be president of the United States, so anything's possible.

The question, though, is what the candidates would hope to gain from such an event. For Sanders, a debate like this might mean a high-profile platform for his ideas - which was originally the point of his presidential candidacy - and an opportunity to participate in an event in which Hillary Clinton was attacked from both the left and the right at the same time.

For Trump, this rationale for such a debate would be more complicated. He has no literally incentive whatsoever to criticize Sanders, which means the Republican would probably use this opportunity to agree with the senator as much as possible, downplay their differences, make some appeals to some of Sanders' most ardent supporters, and tell the Vermonter how unfairly he's been treated, all while encouraging him to run as an independent.

In other words, for Trump, this debate, were it to happen, would be a historic opportunity to use Sanders to move Trump closer to the Oval Office.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

In other words, for Trump, this debate, were it to happen, would be a historic opportunity to use Sanders to move Trump closer to the Oval Office.
I don't understand this last line at all.

kitler53

I don't understand this last line at all.

are you american?

remember the #neverTrump movement?  cruz and kaisch had the common sense to realize that if they continued to dog on trump that it helps hilary win the presidency.  they decided to swallow their pride and bow out of the race. 

bernie clearly cares more about his personal ego than this political ideas at this point.  we wants to win and fudge be it to the consequences.  he's telling his supporters that the election process (that was formalized in like the 80's btw) was rigged to help hilary and keep bernie down.  what the polls show is that more than 20% of bernie supporters that have long-term democratic ties are now #neverHilary people that will vote for trump over hilary  or not at all due to hilary "corruptly" "stealing" the election.  it doesn't fudgy matter that hilary has more delagates (not counting super-delagates btw) and more votes cast for her.  bernies campain is help up almost entirely on caucuses which are the least democratic of all the processes. 

trump is taking advantage of that right now but making a bunch of statements to re-enforce the above ideas and actively court bernie supporters into either trump supports or disenfranchised #neverHilary non-voters.

debating trump gives him a national spotlight to praise bernie and slam hilary who is going to be the democratic nominee.  bernie cannot win the nomination.  he'd have to convince all of those super-delgates (that his been talking shame about and pointing to them as the reason the election is rigged) to overturn the popular vote and that won't happen.  all this does is damage hilary which in turn means damaging all of the ideals that bernie is advocating for.

this guy is such a fudgy idiot.  there is a reason he hasn't accomplished anything in his years as a senator,.. uncompromising dedication to his principles and no thought whatsoever has to how to make any progress on those ideas.  he is letting his ego get in the way of his work.  if he keeps going like this his legacy will be one of actively destroying all that he believes in.

i fudgy hate this guy.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

May 26, 2016, 07:05 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:17 PM by the-pi-guy
are you american?
Yes.

remember the #neverTrump movement?  cruz and kaisch had the common sense to realize that if they continued to dog on trump that it helps hilary win the presidency.  they decided to swallow their pride and bow out of the race. 
Kasich had like 6 delegates.  Cruz lost big time the last several times. 

Frankly both of these men, honestly probably like Hillary more than Trump.  Kasich is far more moderate than Trump or Cruz. 

Cruz: If We Nominate Trump, Hillary Will Win By Double Digits - Breitbart

bernie clearly cares more about his personal ego than this political ideas at this point.  we wants to win and fudge be it to the consequences.  he's telling his supporters that the election process (that was formalized in like the 80's btw) was rigged to help hilary and keep bernie down.  what the polls show is that more than 20% of bernie supporters that have long-term democratic ties are now #neverHilary people that will vote for trump over hilary  or not at all due to hilary "corruptly" "stealing" the election.  it doesn't fudgy matter that hilary has more delagates (not counting super-delagates btw) and more votes cast for her.  bernies campain is help up almost entirely on caucuses which are the least democratic of all the processes. 
Well if you say so.

I know people that have absolutely hated Hillary long before Sanders.  It's not because of him.  Lot of those people see her as corrupt.  Benghazi, the email scandal, and many other things all play major parts in that.  Even about things that Sanders has not said about Hillary at all. 

trump is taking advantage of that right now but making a bunch of statements to re-enforce the above ideas and actively court bernie supporters into either trump supports or disenfranchised #neverHilary non-voters.
Quite frankly, a lot of that stuff he would have said anyway.  Most of those people are not going to vote for Trump either. 

debating trump gives him a national spotlight to praise bernie and slam hilary who is going to be the democratic nominee.  bernie cannot win the nomination.  he'd have to convince all of those super-delgates (that his been talking shame about and pointing to them as the reason the election is rigged) to overturn the popular vote and that won't happen.  all this does is damage hilary which in turn means damaging all of the ideals that bernie is advocating for.
Well a lot of people think the entire electoral college thing is rigged.  It's not like that is something that is all because of Bernie. 

this guy is such a fudgy idiot.  there is a reason he hasn't accomplished anything in his years as a senator,.. uncompromising dedication to his principles and no thought whatsoever has to how to make any progress on those ideas.  he is letting his ego get in the way of his work.  if he keeps going like this his legacy will be one of actively destroying all that he believes in.

i fudgy hate this guy.
He has done quite a bit actually.

Well that's your problem. 

Max King of the Wild

Bernie is a cracked pot. Always has been. Anyone who supported him live in fantasy land

the-pi-guy

Bernie is a cracked pot. Always has been. Anyone who supported him live in fantasy land
Europe.  

Xevross

Europe. 
:-\

The amount of people I know who support Bernie/ Jeremy Corbyn here is upsetting.

All of them do English/ Sociology type subjects though. Tells you a lot ;D

the-pi-guy

Well there goes the dumb hypothesis that Trump would use the debate to advance himself.  Not like it really was a legitimate hypothesis at any point.  

Cute Pikachu

Yeah why are all my friends on his bandwaggon I mean I just tell them, "guys he literally only cares about his ego and got nonthing done as a senator..."

This is why i wanted Kasoch as he is the best for this he isnt an dog, liar, crustard, or cheater(Cruz)...
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

Yeah why are all my friends on his bandwaggon I mean I just tell them, "guys he literally only cares about his ego and got nonthing done as a senator..."
This is flat out wrong.  

Bernie Gets It Done: Sanders' Record of Pushing Through Major Reforms Will Surprise You | Alternet

He has actually done more as a senator than most; and was the most productive member of the Senate, even being called the Amendment king.  

So saying he hasn't done much as a senator is the equivalent of saying Bill Gates does not have a lot of money.