[color=red]Email Test[/color]

Started by Legend, Aug 15, 2014, 04:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Haha yeah I was really surprised when I heard the word "colonel" spoken for the first time. Like, WTH! It's not even close.

Here is pretty much a summary of the English language.

Here are the rules. You see them? Take a good look. NOW fudge THOSE RULES!

Dr. Pezus

Have you heard a British person say Lieutenant?

Yeah, I'm sure I heard it first in CoD2 lol. That was also ridiculous. I didn't even know Lieutenant and "leftenant" were the same word until later lol

Dr. Pezus

Indeed, I have great sympathy for those learning to speak English. It must be very confusing as there's no rules to learn that can cover the different pronunciations.

Well all the english media helps. Must be hell for those who live in countries where everything is dubbed (Spain, Germany, France etc.) or where there's not much western stuff on tv ;o

the-pi-guy

Here is pretty much a summary of the English language.

Here are the rules. You see them? Take a good look. NOW fudge THOSE RULES!

You see these rules?  See how we even made some fancy rhymes?  Well fudge 'em. 

Legend

Yeah America's role as being a content provider is really what's pushing english as a world wide language imo. It's really great too, since otherwise things like this forum would be impossible.

BasilZero

Late reply but I've got the email as well.

7H3

Good point. The spelling of english words often seems quite arbitrary to me.

Yeah... I don't really think of english is the phonetic language it pretends to be at all
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

kitler53

spam folder.

...also, i this thread my tab title picked up the html.  aka,.. instead of the title of my tab being "Email Test - page 1 - Vizi..."   it says "[color=r#d]Email Test [/col..."

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

spam folder.

...also, i this thread my tab title picked up the html.  aka,.. instead of the title of my tab being "Email Test - page 1 - Vizi..."   it says "[color=r#d]Email Test [/col..."

The bbc tags only work outside of the thread for the title to save on load times for the thread especially in case of images. This way when viewing the index of threads you can see fancy colors and images, but when loading the thread it doesn't have to interpret it for every title that appears atop every post.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Go Up