Sea of Thieves' Achievement List Is a Huge Problem

Started by Legend, Apr 14, 2018, 06:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Sea of Thieves' Achievement List Is a Huge Problem | ResetEra

It's by TrueAcheivements.com so of course they would care about that sort of thing.
The problem with Sea of Thieves' achievement list is instead the fact that, by design, a good portion of them are bordering on impossible, or at least so time-consuming that they come off as completely ridiculous. For an in-depth look at this problem, I asked Rich and Ollie to put the Thieves achievements in some sort of historical perspective. It was a rather simple task for the stat-trackers behind this site, and the resulting data is revealing: Sea of Thieves includes one of the most outrageous completion grinds the Xbox platform has ever seen.Click to expand...
Take the Merchant Forager achievement, for example. It tasks players with delivering 1,000 banana crates to merchants. I've played the game for more than 50 hours and I've never seen a banana crate. My only clue to their existence is that they're mentioned in this achievement. Others have reported similar issues. One player told us that in 100+ hours they've also seen none. Extrapolating a pace is impossible given that our few anecdotal instances don't even have one banana crate from which we can predict anything, but let's pretend the average player finds one banana crate every 10 hours -- seemingly an extremely generous pace but let's just start there. That still means it would take 10,000 hours of playing time to unlock this achievement -- and that's just one of the game's nearly 20 achievements that require some unreasonable time commitments that they may as well be labeled unobtainable on this site.Click to expand...
https://www.trueachievements.com/n32195/fools-gold-sea-of-thieves-achievement-list-is-a-huge-problem  

the-pi-guy

It tasks players with delivering 1,000 banana crates to merchants. I've played the game for more than 50 hours and I've never seen a banana crate. My only clue to their existence is that they're mentioned in this achievement. Others have reported similar issues. One player told us that in 100+ hours they've also seen none.
Jeez....

Xevross

BananaKing

What the fudge are you guys going on about bananas huh? Y'all should have some fudgy respect