TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

0 Members and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

darkknightkryta

Quote from: kitler53 on Sep 15, 2026, 02:59 PMi haven't seen star fleet academy but i watched discovery and strange new worlds. 

They don't look like cheap shows to produce.  and i don't think paramount+ is bringing in lots of money.  there are just too many streaming services and personally netflix on its own releases more shows than i can keep up with.  i wish star trek had the cultural pull to be must watch content but i just don't think it is.  i think its like indiana jones where old farts like me love it but the younger generations don't care at all.
I think movies will be fine, but the T.V. guys better be worried.  The children aren't watching t.v. shows, Tik Tok and Instagram is all they use.  I still see some of my students watch shows, but it's only a handful.

On another tangent, I've been thinking about this recently, but Hollywood screwed up big.  I'm not talking about the streaming, but their greed literally killed their IPs.  I mean, I don't think anyone wouldn't have known Bugs Bunny growing up, or Simpsons in their later years.  This all broke when they started to lock shows behind paywalls.  Now no one knows who Bugs Bunny is, nor do they care for Simpson, or in this case: Star Trek.  I used to watch the old Star Trek show cause it would be randomly on over the air television.  Heck even the old Spider-man cartoon from the 60s.  People would have known the theme because it would randomly be on T.V. over the air or on basic cable.  Streaming stuff exasperated the issue.

kitler53

@the-Pi-guy 

i finished fullmetal alchemist this week.
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

the-pi-guy

Quote from: kitler53 on Sep 24, 2026, 07:08 PM@the-Pi-guy

i finished fullmetal alchemist this week.
Nice, what'd you think?

kitler53

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Sep 24, 2026, 07:34 PMNice, what'd you think?
overall good.

if had a bit of what i'll call the "dragon ball z" dynamics in the last season:
1. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
2. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!
3. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
4. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!
...
19. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
20. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!


i like wrath and greed quite a lot.  i didn't like that lust died so early.   the very end was a bit too on the nose with god saying "that's the right answer!!".  i wish fullmetal and winry have had a stronger coupling in the end.  


         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

darkknightkryta

Quote from: kitler53 on Sep 24, 2026, 09:51 PMoverall good.

if had a bit of what i'll call the "dragon ball z" dynamics in the last season:
1. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
2. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!
3. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
4. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!
...
19. oh no the bad guys are way more powerful than the good guys.  all is lost.
20. just kidding the good guys are way more powerful than the bad guys.  we're going to win!


i like wrath and greed quite a lot.  i didn't like that lust died so early.  the very end was a bit too on the nose with god saying "that's the right answer!!".  i wish fullmetal and winry have had a stronger coupling in the end. 



Brotherhood or the original?

kitler53

Quote from: darkknightkryta on Sep 25, 2026, 04:06 PMBrotherhood or the original?
i watched the original years back.  this time i watched brotherhood.
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

darkknightkryta

I started watching X-Files again.  I don't remember episodes from beginning to end, and I did watch and remember episodes from the first season.  While I only remember pieces of the later seasons, I feel like the show jumped the shark.  Bad.  Like, I can see the Canadian television influence on the show, and even the way the show begins, setting up the X-File.  It was so simple, then kind of goes off the rails later on.

kitler53

having finished fullmetal i started demon slayer today.  

i want to say i've heard good things about it.   after 2 episodes i'm not sold on it yet.   it's a bit unnecessary dialog heavy.
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

the-pi-guy

#2288
Quote from: kitler53 on Today at 02:31 PMhaving finished fullmetal i started demon slayer today. 

i want to say i've heard good things about it.  after 2 episodes i'm not sold on it yet.  it's a bit unnecessary dialog heavy.
You have?

Some people hate it because they feel it is overrated.

It has incredible animation, but I'd say the story/characters are pretty generic/simple. There are a few things I don't like about, and a few things I especially like about it. But for the most part, it's pretty generic.

I do really appreciate that it's relatively fast paced. In some ways it reminds me of InuYasha, but it's 1/3rd the length of it. 

kitler53

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Today at 03:19 PMYou have?

i mean, i think i have.   the fact i even know it by name without having watched says something about it i guess.   i'm not exactly an anime fanatic.
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

the-pi-guy

Quote from: kitler53 on Today at 04:02 PMi mean, i think i have.  the fact i even know it by name without having watched says something about it i guess.  i'm not exactly an anime fanatic.

It's massively popular. 
It's #7 best selling manga, despite having a fraction of the number of volumes as everything above it. 


Just on some level, expect anime McDonalds, and not Michelin-Star anime.  ;D