Elden Ring |OT| DLC Reviewed (MC: 95 | OC: 94)

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 10, 2021, 03:35 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Legend

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on May 21, 2024, 04:29 PMNot that I've seen.

But they've spent 2 solid years working on it, so why not.  8)
"my source is that I made it the f* up"  8)
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on May 21, 2024, 04:42 PM"my source is that I made it the f* up"  8)
You should know I'm just being playful when I make exaggerative claims without any sources.  8)

the-pi-guy



kitler53

should have made it stand-alone.  i maybe would have purchased a sequel but i'm not playing a DLC that i can't even access due to not killing a late game option boss.
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

the-pi-guy

DLC has a 95 MC with 56 reviewers

94 OC

Quote from: kitler53 on Jun 18, 2024, 03:38 PMshould have made it stand-alone.  i maybe would have purchased a sequel but i'm not playing a DLC that i can't even access due to not killing a late game option boss.
Yeah really should have been an Elden Ring 2.  

Legend

I don't play DLC, I only play sequels.

I don't really play FromSoft games though so I'm not sure why I'm in this thread...
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Jun 19, 2024, 02:51 AMI don't play DLC, I only play sequels.

I don't really play FromSoft games though so I'm not sure why I'm in this thread...
Not even the highest rated DLC of all time?

kitler53

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Jun 19, 2024, 02:54 AMNot even the highest rated DLC of all time?
the base game rated well and it was still the worst from game I've played.  more of a bad thing sounds bad to me. 
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

Legend

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Jun 19, 2024, 02:54 AMNot even the highest rated DLC of all time?
Echoing Kitler, I don't think the reviews are that accurate.

No doubt that the people who love this game love this game, but I doubt I'd be one of them. Unless they patched in a god mode. Then it could be pretty fun for a few hours.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

BananaKing

dang.... Now I wanna play this thing.

Is there a complete edition?

the-pi-guy

Quote from: BananaKing on Jun 19, 2024, 06:34 AMdang.... Now I wanna play this thing.
Is there a complete edition?
Yeah, but it looks pricier than I'd expect.

Edit, I guess I forgot the DLC was $40

Quote from: Legend on Jun 19, 2024, 06:19 AMEchoing Kitler, I don't think the reviews are that accurate.

No doubt that the people who love this game love this game, but I doubt I'd be one of them. Unless they patched in a god mode. Then it could be pretty fun for a few hours.
I was teasing you.   :P

Quote from: kitler53 on Jun 19, 2024, 03:02 AMthe base game rated well and it was still the worst from game I've played.  more of a bad thing sounds bad to me.
On the bright side, maybe the next game will be better. 

Legend

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Jun 19, 2024, 02:38 PMI was teasing you.  

I'm serious about wanting a god mode. Maybe not that specifically, but I know there are a lot of clever things in these games. I'd love to explore them without all the repetition from death.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

kitler53

tbh,.. from's games haven't done much innovation since the original demon's souls with the exception of eldin ring going open world which made the game worse.    i dunno if i'll buy any other their games again until they decide to shack-up their formula.   

...or at the very least make it so co-op isn't a terrible experience with a friend:
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/fromsoftwares-says-elden-rings-seamless-co-op-mod-is-definitely-not-something-we-actively-oppose-and-may-even-consider-ideas-like-that-with-our-future-games/
         

Featured Artist: Emily Rudd

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Jun 19, 2024, 03:38 PMI'm serious about wanting a god mode. Maybe not that specifically, but I know there are a lot of clever things in these games. I'd love to explore them without all the repetition from death.
Just gotta get good.  ;)
Quote from: kitler53 on Jun 19, 2024, 03:46 PMtbh,.. from's games haven't done much innovation since the original demon's souls with the exception of eldin ring going open world which made the game worse.    i dunno if i'll buy any other their games again until they decide to shack-up their formula.  

...or at the very least make it so co-op isn't a terrible experience with a friend:
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/fromsoftwares-says-elden-rings-seamless-co-op-mod-is-definitely-not-something-we-actively-oppose-and-may-even-consider-ideas-like-that-with-our-future-games/

Yeah I know you liked how puzzly Demon's Souls can be.

the-pi-guy




Looking forward to playing it in like 4 months.