XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Well it's the only angle they have tbh
Their July event better not be late July!

the-pi-guy

Well it's the only angle they have tbh
They're going to have a good number of games I'm certain.

Dr. Pezus

They're going to have a good number of games I'm certain.
Sure. I mean over the competition. And their games don't really pull numbers anymore. Even Halo is much smaller

the-pi-guy

Sure. I mean over the competition. And their games don't really pull numbers anymore. Even Halo is much smaller
It's not about the sales bruh!
It's about the quantity and quality of experiences.
Which MS has dozens of.  8)

Legend

Don't count Obsidian out!

the-pi-guy

I'm pretty comfortable saying that Obsidian is probably the best studio MS has.  

Only a few studios are as capable of putting out games as quick as they do, and they tend to manage decent quality.

Ever since 2014, they've managed to average more than a game a year.  

I very much think MS was going for quantity of games when they were buying up studios.

Xevross

Jul 28, 2020, 09:28 PM Last Edit: Jul 28, 2020, 09:30 PM by Xevross

Don't count Obsidian out!
Yeah I'm not impressed yet, this doesn't mean anything.

Game peaked at 12k players on steam first day which isn't particulalry amazing, #1 on the charts could be any kind of sales numbers especially when there's no deals running. Heck, valve index is #3 and I doubt that's selling much. On top of this, steam reviews so far are mixed (only 60% positive).

It also seems to be doing well on twitch solely because some big streamers are playing it, they probably got paid to do it and if not I doubt they'll stick around for long.

Its a decently good start for sure but this doesn't mean its successful. At least its going to avoid the fate of games like Rocket Arena.

Legend

Game peaked at 12k players on steam first day which isn't particulalry amazing, #1 on the charts could be any kind of sales numbers especially when there's no deals running. Heck, valve index is #3 and I doubt that's selling much. On top of this, steam reviews so far are mixed (only 60% positive).

It also seems to be doing well on twitch solely because some big streamers are playing it, they probably got paid to do it and if not I doubt they'll stick around for long.

Its a decently good start for sure but this doesn't mean its successful. At least its going to avoid the fate of games like Rocket Arena.
Game was made by a smaller team. I think avoiding the fate of Rocket Arena is a fine level of success.

Or to compare Apples to Apples, look at Bleeding Edge. Also a smaller game put out by a new Xbox studio. It seems to be doing much better than that.

Dr. Pezus

My thoughts exactly. Being first on launch day means nothing.

Xevross

Very much as expected the game has kept sliding down on twitch, now 13th overall with only 35k viewers and that's with Cohh streaming it to 11k viewers, 2nd highest stream is only 2k. Fall Guys is doing better with a wider spread of channels (9k viewers, 8k, 7k, 6k, 5k, 3k etc.) so its looking more healthy for viewership.

Its still the #1 seller on steam but its falling down the concurrent player list and is almost off the top 100, with 12k still being its peak.

Colour me unimpressed, day 1 stats like this are just so unreliable.

the-pi-guy

Phil Spencer confirms Xbox August event in interview(?), "really impressed" by backward compatible game frame rates | ResetEra

From the segment where they're talking about Xbox Series X:
Yeah, we saw Ori and Dirt at 120fps and the frame rate and feel of games is something that you're really going to feel at launch with Series X. I'm really impressed by the frame rates we've seen on backward compatible games from the devs and the back compat team. Focusing on the investment gamers have made in Xbox and making sure that continues, whether it's the controllers you already own, the games that you already own, respecting a gamer's relationship with our product is just critically important to me and is something that's become a pillar for the team.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
I'm really excited and encouraged to talk a lot more about it, which should be August. I think August we'll have more to say.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Time stamp: 18:30  
[/size]

kitler53

i don't even care about the "benefits" of 60 fps over 30 fps.   ...i know you got to market to your strengths but the world just doesn't give a shame about 120 fps (outside of VR maybe where apparently it helps with motion sickness).   they really ought to drop this point and find something to say that people actually care about.

the fact that they had to slow the game video down to 15 fps to show off 120 fps says it all..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

Dr. Pezus

i don't even care about the "benefits" of 60 fps over 30 fps.   ...i know you got to market to your strengths but the world just doesn't give a shame about 120 fps (outside of VR maybe where apparently it helps with motion sickness).   they really ought to drop this point and find something to say that people actually care about.

the fact that they had to slow the game video down to 15 fps to show off 120 fps says it all..
Well if you've tried many of the newer phones you will see the benefit of refresh rate over 60hz. To me there is a massive difference, especially in responsiveness. I'd still C say the difference between 30 and 60 fps is much greater though.

the-pi-guy

Not sure if personal expectation or something that's happening. Sounds like MS is moving from Xbox Live all in on gamepass.

Go Up