the-pi-guy

Xbox embargo today.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Oct 16, 2020, 08:16 PM Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020, 12:09 AM by the-pi-guy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-spencer-expects-series-s-to-be-the-bigger-long-term-hit.307657/

The $300 Xbox Series S is the twist. It's a smaller, cheaper unit, priced like a new Nintendo console, which tend to be innovative but under-powered. Microsoft boasts that the Series S will run cutting-edge games at high framerates, though not in 4K like the Series X. And unlike the Series X, it doesn't have a disc drive, and comes with 512GB of storage compared to the X's 1TB. It's a big step up from the main Xbox One on the market now, but it's certainly a stripped down Series X. It was only officially announced a month ago.

At launch, Spencer expects the X to be the hotter seller, driven by the kinds of early adopters who snatch new consoles

Legend

kitler53

doubt meme
same.  i have to agree with whatever sony exec said the lesser sku has a history of not selling as well.  for that too be true the premium sku need to be really premium.  the series x is "identical" to ps5 so the series s is gimped.  no one will ever view it as anything else except the consolation console for people too poor to afford the good stuff.  

Legend

same.  i have to agree with whatever sony exec said the lesser sku has a history of not selling as well.  for that too be true the premium sku need to be really premium.  the series x is "identical" to ps5 so the series s is gimped.  no one will ever view it as anything else except the consolation console for people too poor to afford the good stuff.  
Plus its shelf life is limited. 4 years from now Series X will feel ok and series s will feel like a console at the end of its life. Series S needs to have a great 2021 if it's going to beat Series X long term.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

kitler53

still odd they don't have it ready for launch but at least it isn't too long of a wait.

Dr. Pezus

Hinting at at least two modes (performance and quality)

Legend

Not sure if it's a bit too slow, the combat looks uninteresting, but I'm somewhat excited for Scorn.

kitler53

Not sure if it's a bit too slow, the combat looks uninteresting, but I'm somewhat excited for Scorn.
am i the only person that can't watch this?    It says "Video Unavailable: the video is restricted.  Try signing in with your G Suite account".

Legend

am i the only person that can't watch this?    It says "Video Unavailable: the video is restricted.  Try signing in with your G Suite account".
The video is rated mature so you have to be logged in. Pretty common with a lot of official game trailers.

Go Up