Side paths and seeing everything

Started by Hailey, Sep 18, 2019, 09:32 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hailey

How do you handle exploring game areas like that? It sucks going the right way first haha.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

I handle them poorly.  

There's a game with 3 doorways, two have important treasures, the other immediately skips to the next part of the game.  Meaning the treasures are completely missable.  

Hailey

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Sep 18, 2019, 10:11 PMI handle them poorly.  

There's a game with 3 doorways, two have important treasures, the other immediately skips to the next part of the game.  Meaning the treasures are completely missable.  
Yeah me too. I almost always "dip my toes" down one path, then turn around and try the other, then run back to the first path and decide it is the main path, and then run back to the side path. So dumb haha.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

nnodley

Quote from: Legend on Sep 18, 2019, 10:22 PMYeah me too. I almost always "dip my toes" down one path, then turn around and try the other, then run back to the first path and decide it is the main path, and then run back to the side path. So dumb haha.
This is exactly how I do it usually. lmao

Xevross

Games that do this are usually dumb as fudge. It should be obvious or easy to work out which path is which in a linear game.