The VizionEck Forum serves to provide a safe, secure, and family friendly environment that allows all members to have the most fun possible. The forum guides show what we expect from our users, while the forum rules detail how moderators enforce our policies.
• Be constructive, respectful, and welcoming. Above all else, do what you can to be a positive influence on the community.
Responsibility: Within reason, you are responsible for how the community reacts to your posts. If you cause someone to break a forum rule then you are at least partially at fault.
Baiting and Provoking: Never purposely try to get another user to break the rules.
Insults: Do not severely insult people. This includes forum members and non forum members. Celebrities and well known public figures however are exempt. General jabs and the like are usually ok.
Trolling: Don't do it.
Privacy: Respect the privacy of other members. If you find out something personal about a member that is not common knowledge, do not post it without the member's express consent.
Piracy: General discussions about piracy and its morality are ok, but do not link or assist other members in performing it.
Spam: Don't waste other user's time. Avoid double posting, bumping old threads, and advertising products.
Keep it G: This forum is public and is designed to be viewed in public places. As such, there are specific rules when posting profanity and "not safe for public" content. NSFP is any content not appropriate for school, a library, a family gathering, etc. Essentially it's a more inclusive version of NSFW.
Profanity: In text, profanity is allowed due to an automatic word censor that replaces profanity with clean alternatives. However, circumventing this filter by misspelling bad words or the like is strictly prohibited. With bad words in images, put the image within spoiler tags and set the spoiler equal to "profanity" or something similar so that other users understand and can avoid it. Example: [spoiler=bad word][img][url] image url [/img][/spoiler][/url].
Bad Stuff: Obscene, defamatory, abusive, or threatening content is strictly prohibited.
Images: If the image is NSFP such as a screenshot of a Dead or Alive game, put it within spoiler tags and set the spoiler equal to NSFP or something similar. Example: [spoiler=NSFP][img][url] image url [/img][/spoiler][/url]. If the image is worse and classified as NSFW, reconsider if it's worth posting. If you believe it is, post it within NSFW tags within spoiler tags. Example: [spoiler=NSFP][NSFW][img][url] image url [/img][/NSFW][/spoiler][/url].
Moderation on VizionEck revolves around ban points. Users receive these points based off the severity of their situations. After X amount of days equal to one tenth of the user's total ban points, one ban point is removed every 24 hours without an infraction.
Ban points trigger these actions:
10 points: User put on watch list and informed of their situation.
35 points: User's posts must be manually approved by a mod before they are shown in public*. Posts made during this time receive half of their regular ban points.
60 points: User may not post*.
100 points: User is permanently banned from the forum**.
* Excludes posts in the moderation feedback board.
** User has a two week grace period to which they can still log in and post in the moderation feedback board if they believe they don't deserve the permanent ban. If it's determined to have been a mistake on the mod team, the user's ban points are corrected and the user is not permanently banned.
1. Responsibility. If the user in question directly caused another person to break the forum rules, for EACH person the user is given 0-10 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation plus half of the points the person received themselves.
2. Baiting and Provoking. If the mod team believes the user in question was purposely attempting to bait or provoke another user, the user is given 0-10 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
3. Insults. If the user in question severely insults a person who is not a celebrity or well-known public figure, for EACH person insulted the user is given 0-60 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
4. Trolling. If the mod team believes the user in question was trolling, the user is given 0-10 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
5. Privacy. If the user in question released information about another user without their consent, the user is given 0-20 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
6. Piracy. If the user in question assists other members in performing piracy, the user is given 10-20 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation. If the user in question performs piracy, the user is given 15-50 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
7. Spam. If the user in question spams with non-malicious intent, the user is given 0-5 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation. If the mod team believes the user in question spams with malicious intent, such as a shill or spambot, the user is given 20-100 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
8. Profanity. If the mod team believes the user in question purposely circumvented the profanity filter or forgot to put an image in spoiler tags, the user is given 0-5 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
9. Bad Stuff. If the user in question used obscene, defamatory, abusive, or threatening content, the user is given 0-100 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation. This large range is to cover hate speeches and horrendous racial remarks, which instantly grant the user in question a permanent ban.
10. Images. If the user in question posted images with the incorrect tags, the user is given 0-10 based off the mod team's judgment of the situation.
Each rule can only be broken once per post. If you see a post or user breaking these rules, please submit a mod report and/or post in the moderation feedback board. We can't read all posts, and are fully aware that we make mistakes. We value your input.
Moderators must ban users in accordance to these rules and are themselves subject to these rules. The only exception is temporarily banning a member in severe and ongoing incidents while determining what the correct course of action is.
In addition to moderating users, moderators can edit any site content as needed. These specific rules will be outlined and detailed in a future forum rules update.