EA Visceral's Star Wars game survived the studio's shutdown (but now it is dead)

Started by Hailey, Jan 17, 2019, 04:30 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hailey

EA Cancels Open-World Star Wars Game (UPDATE)

Not that big of news since I think everyone thought the game was already cancelled, but here you go. I was seeing a lot of memes about EA cancelling a star wars game and was really confused haha.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

I'm almost certain we were told at the time that visceral was being shut down and the game was being made into an open world, more GAAS friendly game instead.

So the game being finally cancelled sucks. They took it away from visceral because they don't think linear games can make enough money for them, and then when turning a linear game into an open world game didn't go well they, presumably, shut it down.

Man, what a shitshow. At least they didn't lay anyone off. Hope the smaller game is worth it.

Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Jan 17, 2019, 04:48 PMI'm almost certain we were told at the time that visceral was being shut down and the game was being made into an open world, more GAAS friendly game instead.

So the game being finally cancelled sucks. They took it away from visceral because they don't think linear games can make enough money for them, and then when turning a linear game into an open world game didn't go well they, presumably, shut it down.

Man, what a shitshow. At least they didn't lay anyone off. Hope the smaller game is worth it.
Now that you mention that, it does ring a bell.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me