Image shows possible Valve VR headset (UploadVR: Half-Life based VR game in development alongside)

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 10, 2018, 10:46 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

the-pi-guy

I feel this deserves a thread.


Image shows possible Valve VR headset (UploadVR: Half-Life VR game in development alongside) | ResetEra

 
QuoteUploadVR:
Images of Prototype Valve VR Headset Leak

(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)

 
QuoteAccording to our independent sources this is in fact a Valve HMD. We've also heard the field of view will be 135 degrees with the Vive Pro resolution and it should come bundled with Knuckles controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game.Click to expand...
An interesting tidbit is the dual cameras on the front in addition to the usual lighthouse markers. Could this allow for both outside-in and inside-out tracking?

 As for the voracity of the rumored Half-Life VR game...

   

Hailey

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Dr. Pezus


the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Nov 10, 2018, 11:33 PMReally awesome!
I am thrilled.
Kinda funny.  Right after me asking about Valve's games, a solid rumor of one comes out.  

Quote from: Dr. Pezus on Nov 11, 2018, 12:06 AMHalf life lives!
Now, Pez has to get VR!  

the-pi-guy


Hailey

VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Nov 11, 2018, 03:16 AMWoah it's a full game?
Yeah, so far still rumored.  
But I think it's incredibly likely that this will be Valves first full VR title.

What would be amazing is a full Portal VR.  

Hailey

Any news on a time frame?

I wanna try to snag a pc vr headset for black friday if I can find a good deal but not if this is only a few months out.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Legend on Nov 19, 2018, 11:49 PMAny news on a time frame?

I wanna try to snag a pc vr headset for black friday if I can find a good deal but not if this is only a few months out.
There's no news about it.  Hasn't even been confirmed yet.  

My prediction:
I would say it is 6 months out at the absolute earliest.  Probably closer to a year.

Hailey

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Nov 19, 2018, 11:57 PMThere's no news about it.  Hasn't even been confirmed yet.  

My prediction:
I would say it is 6 months out at the absolute earliest.  Probably closer to a year.
I ain't got time for that!
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy


Hailey

Quote from: the-Pi-guy on Nov 20, 2018, 12:22 AMWhat are you going to do?  
Well Pro isn't too pro but that's seemingly the only headset discounted for Black Friday.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

the-pi-guy