Rumor: Alexa and Google Assistant coming soon to Xbox One

Started by Hailey, Jun 03, 2018, 09:39 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hailey

Rumor: Alexa and Google Assistant coming soon to Xbox One | ResetEra

 
Quotevia Windows Central(​IMG)
QuoteThis picture comes to us from a reliable source who is familiar with Amazon and Microsoft's efforts to link Alexa and Cortana. In upcoming Xbox One builds, the Kinect & Devices menu should have a new "Digital Assistants" section, which lets you enable Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana, for use on your Xbox One. It then directs you to install the Xbox skills app for those respective platforms to get connected. The full range of features for those assistants remains unknown, but it could bring back many of the voice-assisted features abandoned Kinect users are yearning for.Click to expand...
https://www.windowscentral.com/amazon-alexa-and-google-assistant-are-coming-xbox-one  
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

Huh that's pretty cool. I wonder how it would work though. Will you be able to connect it to other devices to control lights and things? If not then this seems pointless and in any case, most people have google assistant on their phone already or have an alexa in their house if they want to use this stuff.

Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Jun 03, 2018, 10:04 PMHuh that's pretty cool. I wonder how it would work though. Will you be able to connect it to other devices to control lights and things? If not then this seems pointless and in any case, most people have google assistant on their phone already or have an alexa in their house if they want to use this stuff.
I think it'll allow you to control the xbox from Alexa/Google.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

Quote from: Legend on Jun 03, 2018, 10:20 PMI think it'll allow you to control the xbox from Alexa/Google.
If its just controlling xbox then what's the point of adding google or alexa? They'd surely just use Cortana?

Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Jun 03, 2018, 11:04 PMIf its just controlling xbox then what's the point of adding google or alexa? They'd surely just use Cortana?
MS is now bundling Alexa with Cortana from what I've read. You won't find a new device/PC that only has Cortana.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross

Quote from: Legend on Jun 03, 2018, 11:26 PMMS is now bundling Alexa with Cortana from what I've read. You won't find a new device/PC that only has Cortana.
Oh that's neat. Cortana is pretty bad