God of War OT - God of YouTube?

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

May 17, 2018, 01:14 AM Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:21 AM by Legend

Legend

Legend

This video spools all the past games but the overall thought is definitely something I've been feeling as well.

It's incredibly frustrating how so many people throw the older games under the bus. They received universal acclaim when they released and people still love them.

Wouldn't say this was caused by the new game though. I remember when the rumours started there were just so many people not wanting Kratos in it.

Legend

Xevross

(I post too many memes)
Lol you really don't. My group chat with my uni friends has at least 50 memes posted in every day. I'm used to it.

Legend

Cory Barlog addresses the lack of boss fights in GOW | ResetEra

I think this is a very interesting interview. There were a lot of bosses cut during the development. More at the link (very mild spoilers)https://gamingbolt.com/god-of-war-director-address-the-so-called-lack-of-boss-fights
According to game director Cory Barlog, that is because a lot of boss fights had to be cut during the game's development, owing to time constraints. "You know, there are several bosses that I had to cut throughout the game simply because we got about 15 to 20 people on each boss, and those bosses go anywhere from a year to two each," Barlog said in an exclusive interview with GamingBolt. "Which I think is something a lot of people underestimate, "there's not enough bosses in this game!" You're kind of being greedy, because while I'd love like ten more bosses in there, this game would have taken like 20 years to make," Cory said to GamingBolt.Click to expand...
Barlog also notes that to some degree, the intent always was to make a leaner game than what God of War 2 and especially God of War 3 had been. "All the stuff I was approaching, the way I was telling it, the way I explained it to people in the beginning was, "look, this is how we'll do it. Simple story, complex characters. And we'll figure everything out from there. Focus on this father and son journey, a coming of age for both of these characters, while they're on the road. That's it. Everything else, we'll come up with as we go," he said. "We didn't start by plotting "this is so-and-so, he wants to kill so-and-so, and he wants this". Those characters came from the interactions in the story, and what they would offer, and the concept of limiting the number--something that I think we were criticized a little bit about, too. There's not a lot of characters. There's not a lot of bosses. And that's intentional, 100%. You look at the first God of War game, not a lot of bosses. Not a lot of characters. And I think that's good. I thought of God of War 3, I love it, but it's like a swan song for Greek mythology, so there's a lot of characters, which we spent two games building up relationships for. Now, we're introducing Kratos to a new world, and like a fish going into a tank, he needs to adjust. We need to leave the bag in the water for a little while before we release him in so he can go free."Click to expand...

Dr. Pezus

(IGN) God of War on Track to Become Fastest Game to Reach 1 Billion Views on YouTube | ResetEra

It's the third most-viewed game on the platform. God of War is on its way to racking up 1 billion views on YouTube in record time. Since its release on April 20, data analyst Matchmade reports that God of War amassed 728 million views on YouTube by the end of the month. If it maintains its momentum on the platform, it'll be on track to break 1 billion views by June or July, making it the fastest game to reach the milestone in YouTube history.Click to expand...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...youtube?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  

Go Up