Loot boxes are determined illegal in The Netherlands

Started by Hailey, Apr 19, 2018, 08:00 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hailey

The Netherlands declares some loot boxes are gambling • Eurogamer.net

If players have any way to transfer the contents from one account to another, then it falls under their gambling laws. Outside of that, they don't like the addictive methods in lootboxes in general. Games must remove these elements from loot boxes as well.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Xevross


Hailey

Quote from: Xevross on Apr 19, 2018, 08:04 PM:o

what will this actually do?
Games must remove the outlined addictive elements by mid June.
VizionEck Cube Royale is releasing this year
 
"I'm Miranda Armbrust" -Me

Dr. Pezus

Quote from: Xevross on Apr 19, 2018, 08:04 PM:o

what will this actually do?
They'll probably ban the games if they don't comply

darkknightkryta

I think they should throw publishers in jail.