What do you expect next gen games to look like?

Started by Legend, Apr 08, 2018, 05:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

Although not a game, I've been following ADAM (real-time tech demo - you can interact with it) since early last year. You should expect this as the bare minimum next gen! New 2018 demo:

Legend

gamrConnect Forums - View Post

Adam looks great but it's more a Unity showcase then a graphics showcase. Games with essentially that quality are already being made.

Crazy how quickly Unity has become a graphics powerhouse though. They've made a lot of money and are trying to break into the near monopoly Unreal has with big studios.

the-pi-guy

Adam looks great but it's more a Unity showcase then a graphics showcase. Games with essentially that quality are already being made.
CGI is super impressed with it, it seems.  

Legend

CGI is super impressed with it, it seems.  
They call it the bare minimum for next gen. If they were super impressed, they'd be hoping next gen games eventually looked that good  ;)

the-pi-guy

They call it the bare minimum for next gen. If they were super impressed, they'd be hoping next gen games eventually looked that good  ;)
You're probably right.  :D

Legend

You're probably right.  :D
I really think the big visual things will come from ray marching/ray tracing.

Reflections and lighting are just so much better with rays and performance wise they're just starting to find themselves used in games. Personally I prefer ray marching over ray tracing but all the big places with money are focusing on the later  :P

Go Up