Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

the-pi-guy

Jim Ryan: Pre-orders for The Last of Us Part II (in EU) are ahead of those for Spider-Man at the same time prior to launch | ResetEra

Among the things I learned chatting with Sony's Ryan: Preorders for #TheLastofUsPart2 continue to be strong despite the earlier leaks. Example: Preorders in Europe are ahead of Marvel's Spider-Man game at the same time before its launch.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
https://twitter.com/iansherr
 Ian Sherr is Editor at CNET.  
[/size]

kitler53

just wow.  130 million is ridiculous.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Gematsu: Kingdom Come: Deliverance sales top three million units & total DLC sales have surpassed 1.5 million units | ResetEra

Total worldwide sales for Kingdom Come: Deliverance have surpassed three million units, and total downloadable content sales have surpassed 1.5 million units, publisher Deep Silver and developer Warhorse Studios announced.

Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
For more info, read the article here: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/kingdom-come-deliverance-sales-top-three-million  

Xevross

TLOU2 debuted 1% higher than U4 to be Sony's biggest PS4 debut in the UK (physical only). 194k physical units sold first weekend.

BananaKing

5 million worldwide here we come. This is without digital sales in the middle of a pandemic. A lot of people would not have went to stores.

Xevross

5 million worldwide here we come. This is without digital sales in the middle of a pandemic. A lot of people would not have went to stores.
Yeah stock seemed to be a bit of an issue at least on Amazon. Digital sales in the first week aren't that high in the UK due to the ridiculous price hikes, but this game will probably be much higher than average. Even naturally being 4 years later than U4 would mean at least 10% more digital sales, but with the pandemic its probably more like 20%+.

Very interested to see WW sales figures on this one. 5 million is extremely farfetched though, even 3.5million would be a new Sony record and an outstanding achievement. I'm personally predicting 3.6million.

Dr. Pezus

TLOU2 debuted 1% higher than U4 to be Sony's biggest PS4 debut in the UK (physical only). 194k physical units sold first weekend.
And probably a lot more digitally. Good!

Xevross

So come on everyone, what's your predictions for TLOU2 first weekend worldwide sales?

BananaKing

So come on everyone, what's your predictions for TLOU2 first weekend worldwide sales?
5 million. No need for more "predictions" this is fact. I'm right

Legend

5.5 million.

I don't know exactly what I'm doing. All I know is that 5 million would already be insanely impressive yet I want to make Bananaking look like the pessimistic one.

the-pi-guy

Xbox fanboys thinking this will only sell 5 million.  ROFL.

We got 3.6 m just from being the most hyped up title. Multiply by 65% for being during a pandemic.  Multiply by extra PS4 sales since Spiderman. So like 35% probably.

3.6*1.65*1.35 = 8.09 million easy.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>/S

BananaKing

5.5 million.

I don't know exactly what I'm doing. All I know is that 5 million would already be insanely impressive yet I want to make Bananaking look like the pessimistic one.
Noice

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Gamestat uses trophy numbers to make estimates, so its obviously not fully reliable but its a good idea. Spidey 2's first trophy is a fair bit earlier and easier to get than GOW which shows why its estimates are much closer to the real sell through, as more people who bought it earned the first trophy.

Also TLOU2 first trophy takes quite a while to get, so could well be much higher comparatively. I think this is strong evidence that the record is falling and perhaps my 3.6m estimate is quite conservative. Might be more like 4m.

Go Up