Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Oh I saw suburbicon and it was really good. I did not expect to like it that much.

Dr. Pezus

Deadpool 2 getting very good reviews!

Dr. Pezus

Solo reviews are pretty good! Similar meta as Avengers and D2 so far

Xevross

Solo reviews are pretty good! Similar meta as Avengers and D2 so far
Using meta for movie reviews... (why is there no throwing up/ barfing emote?)

On RT its 73% with a 6.5 average rating. That's pretty good but by far the worst of the new Era, about what I expected (and much lower than IW and DP2).

Dr. Pezus

On RT its 73% with a 6.5 average rating. That's pretty good but by far the worst of the new Era, about what I expected (and much lower than IW and DP2).
Eh RT tells us it's divisive but meta gives us a better idea of the average score

Xevross

May 16, 2018, 01:11 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:13 AM by Xevross
Eh RT tells us it's divisive but meta gives us a better idea of the average score

RT gives an average score, and has way more reviewers (or will have in the future at least, most films have about 5x more reviews on RT). RT gives a much better idea for average score than meta. Meta would have you believe reviewers score Solo only just lower than DP2 and IW on average, when in reality they score it about 1 point lower on average, or 0.5 stars.

Even now, there's more than double the amount of reviews for solo on RT compared to meta. So the RT average is much more reflective. Same for other films.

Legend

Saw Infinity War. Not what I expected.

Wouldn't say it was a good movie but it was pretty fun if you already cared about everyone.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Also the deaths felt pointless since this is Marvel and nothing matters. Sequels are already announced for some of these people so obviously they are coming back. still a cool ending

nnodley

Wouldn't say it was a good movie but it was pretty fun if you already cared about everyone.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Also the deaths felt pointless since this is Marvel and nothing matters. Sequels are already announced for some of these people so obviously they are coming back. still a cool ending

Well it's more

Spoiler for Hidden:
what will it cost the avengers in 4 to get them back and not really about the dusting of characters. I do agree though it takes away the stakes of the movie, but it's nice seeing them lose for once.

Also I felt the pacing was really weird in this movie

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:

Yeah like nod said, it was written as a whole story and they just picked the best end point for part 1.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The real stakes will be in part 2, where I think a lot of the old- school avengers are going to die trying to fix what happened. The stakes/ cost of it all needs to be judged at the end of the whole 2 parts I feel.<br><br>It was a great emotional ending though, and will have people dying to see what happens in the film next year. Its a shame they did kill off key characters like BP and Spiderman, because it would have made it more believable if they stayed alive. But they said in an interview they just had to write their own story, do their own thing, and its unfortunate that these characters already have sequels announced.

Legend

Well it's more

Spoiler for Hidden:
what will it cost the avengers in 4 to get them back and not really about the dusting of characters. I do agree though it takes away the stakes of the movie, but it's nice seeing them lose for once.

Also I felt the pacing was really weird in this movie
Spoiler for Hidden:
I didn&#39;t get that feeling at all. They billed Thanos as the ultimate bad guy so it&#39;d just be a continuation of this fight. It didn&#39;t raise the stakes.<br><br>Seeing them lose was great. I wouldn&#39;t say this movie managed it, but it was nice to see a Marvel movie try to be dark.

Yeah like nod said, it was written as a whole story and they just picked the best end point for part 1.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The real stakes will be in part 2, where I think a lot of the old- school avengers are going to die trying to fix what happened. The stakes/ cost of it all needs to be judged at the end of the whole 2 parts I feel.

It was a great emotional ending though, and will have people dying to see what happens in the film next year. Its a shame they did kill off key characters like BP and Spiderman, because it would have made it more believable if they stayed alive. But they said in an interview they just had to write their own story, do their own thing, and its unfortunate that these characters already have sequels announced.

It'll probably be one of the better 2 part movies. This was a great point to stop it since there wasn't anything teased beyond this. Wonder if part 2 will stand on its own or act mainly as resolution to the first.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think dr. Strange did something. It was odd how he just decided to give up the stone like that. Will probably be the beginning point of the next one.<br><br>Wouldn&#39;t expect that many people to die but if they do die it doesn&#39;t matter. Death isn&#39;t usually that interesting in a movie if it&#39;s the last in the franchise.<br><br>Yeah but the writers should know what universe they&#39;re writing in. Of course more movies are in the timeline and they can&#39;t determine the faight of everything. Both Antman 2 and Captain Marvel take place before infinity war so that the current state with everyone dead doesn&#39;t matter. Part 2 will come out and revert things so that everything can continue like normal.

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:
I didn't get that feeling at all. They billed Thanos as the ultimate bad guy so it'd just be a continuation of this fight. It didn't raise the stakes.

Seeing them lose was great. I wouldn't say this movie managed it, but it was nice to see a Marvel movie try to be dark.

It'll probably be one of the better 2 part movies. This was a great point to stop it since there wasn't anything teased beyond this. Wonder if part 2 will stand on its own or act mainly as resolution to the first.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think dr. Strange did something. It was odd how he just decided to give up the stone like that. Will probably be the beginning point of the next one.

Wouldn't expect that many people to die but if they do die it doesn't matter. Death isn't usually that interesting in a movie if it's the last in the franchise.

Yeah but the writers should know what universe they're writing in. Of course more movies are in the timeline and they can't determine the faight of everything. Both Antman 2 and Captain Marvel take place before infinity war so that the current state with everyone dead doesn't matter. Part 2 will come out and revert things so that everything can continue like normal.

Spoiler for Hidden:
This is probably following the one way to win that Dr. Strange saw. He didn&#39;t give up the stone for Tony, that&#39;s for sure.<br><br>Well its the last hurrah of the majority of the original avengers, so some of them are probably going to die. Avengers will be lead by BP, Carol and Falcon after A4 if it follows the comics apparently.

Xevross

IW is dropping fast in China, but that's just standard. Its looking good for a $350m gross there apparently. Dom is holding well with numbers close to BP on Monday and Tuesday. $650m+ is extremely likely now. Overseas - China looking good for $1bn too. I'd say $2bn is pretty much locked now.

Xevross

Oh dang IW with that hold on Wednesday. Back above BP dailies after being just behind on Monday and Tuesday.

Xevross

Ugh terrible numbers for IW on thursday and friday. Deadpool really hit it hard. Deadpool itself isn't doing that hot either, seems like the opening week will fall decently short of the first film (although its all about context of course, its still going for an opening of way over $100m, which is excellent for an R rated film). If overseas is hit this hard for IW then $2bn is at risk of being missed.

BananaKing

Ugh terrible numbers for IW on thursday and friday. Deadpool really hit it hard. Deadpool itself isn't doing that hot either, seems like the opening week will fall decently short of the first film (although its all about context of course, its still going for an opening of way over $100m, which is excellent for an R rated film). If overseas is hit this hard for IW then $2bn is at risk of being missed.
I'm sure marvel and Disney are crying in a huge pool of cash made from 1.7b bucks.

Go Up