Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Avatar 2 is not going to set any records.
Yeah lol I doubt it will unless it has something really groundbreaking

Titanic: $2 billion in 1997

Both are still the highest grossing films of all time.

You should always give Cameron the benefit of doubt.

Xevross

Titanic: $2 billion in 1997

Both are still the highest grossing films of all time.

You should always give Cameron the benefit of doubt.
With new films, maybe. Sequels barely ever do as well, and Avatar only got that much because of 3D.

the-pi-guy

With new films, maybe. Sequels barely ever do as well, and Avatar only got that much because of 3D.
Yeah but avatar 2 will have VR! /s

An article pointed that China has largely become a bigger market since Avatar 1 was released.  

Legend

Avatar sequel could do better as long as it's unique enough compared to the first.

The sequel would also be in 3D and ticket prices have gone up so that wouldn't matter. If he delivers with Avatar 2 it'd surely get most people to want to see it in 3D again.

Yeah but avatar 2 will have VR! /s

An article pointed that China has largely become a bigger market since Avatar 1 was released.  
Yeah China is huge now and Avatar 2 could make an extra 300 million there compared to the first.

Legend

I thought this was mocking Infinity War at first.

BananaKing

If you want to see records broken, just wait for Avatar 2 in 2036.

I bet Infinity War will be very similar to the first Avengers*inflation. Cross overs are way more common now but Marvel has grown larger and this has been talked about for a long time.

$1.6 billion is my ballpark guess.
I doubt avatar 2 will break any records. And I think avatars record of 2.7 billion will stand a long time.

Avatar 2 will get no where near avatars numbers.

Xevross

I doubt avatar 2 will break any records. And I think avatars record of 2.7 billion will stand a long time.

Avatar 2 will get no where near avatars numbers.
Yeah, there's probably about a 1% chance of Avatar 2 making more than the first.

Even $2bn would be a fantastic total for Avatar.

darkknightkryta

I thought this was mocking Infinity War at first.
Nope that's just how blockbuster trailers are made...

Xevross

I just watched Coco. Oh my god, what an incredibly lovely film that is. First time in a while a film has made me tear up. Everyone go watch it, its amazing.

Dr. Pezus

I just watched Coco. Oh my god, what an incredibly lovely film that is. First time in a while a film has made me tear up. Everyone go watch it, its amazing.
I want to see it

Xevross

I want to see it
Do it! It'll make you feel all lovely and warm :D

Dr. Pezus

Do it! It'll make you feel all lovely and warm :D
Need to watch Thor Ragnarok first and Your Name.  8)

the-pi-guy

Legend

Need to watch Thor Ragnarok first and Your Name.  8)
Is your name good? I just returned it to the library without watching because I was too busy.

the-pi-guy

Is your name good? I just returned it to the library without watching because I was too busy.

Go Up