The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

the-pi-guy


Dr. Pezus

I had a dream that I bought Cyberpunk PS4 version for $19.99.

A bit weird since dollars aren't the currency here but tbf I usually buy digitally (with dollars or pounds)  :D

Xevross



Great list except Doom Eternal. Hades is my number 1 but I kind of wanna vote TLOU2 since I think Hades won't win and TLOU2 winning would be glorious.

Dr. Pezus



Great list except Doom Eternal. Hades is my number 1 but I kind of wanna vote TLOU2 since I think Hades won't win and TLOU2 winning would be glorious.
Two PlayStation Studios games!
Could ghost steal this?

Xevross

Two PlayStation Studios games!
Could ghost steal this?
No because its 90% jury (critics) and 10% audience weighted. Almost certain this is a Hades vs TLOU2 fight for most awards (they tie the most nominations each).

Dr. Pezus



Man, can't wait for this




Xevross

Nintendo taking down twitch streamers and making them get 48 hour bans for streaming Hyrule Warriors. Apparently the reason is its an unreleased game, but the game had been out for hours in many parts of the world when they did this.

Nintendo also shut down an upcoming smash melee tornament for a nonsense battleship reason.

Goddam, they really don't deserve their success with Switch. Its so sad to see them continue to be so backwards and actively hurtful to their community.

Xevross

Nov 24, 2020, 10:41 PM Last Edit: Nov 24, 2020, 10:42 PM by Xevross
Golden joystick results are out.

Players GOTY: TLOU2
Critics GOTY: Hades

TLOU2 sweeped in every category available from audience votes. Hades beating it in the critics vote category is very interesting though, could be a sign for TGAs. Also, GOW2 is the most anticipated game.

Legend

Golden joystick results are out.

Players GOTY: TLOU2
Critics GOTY: Hades

TLOU2 sweeped in every category available from audience votes. Hades beating it in the critics vote category is very interesting though, could be a sign for TGAs. Also, GOW2 is the most anticipated game.
Cool that TLOU2 won. I wasn't really sure how the player reception was since the game seemed pretty polarizing.

Xevross

Cool that TLOU2 won. I wasn't really sure how the player reception was since the game seemed pretty polarizing.
Yeah I honestly thought it might be the other way around, TLOU2 doing better with critics than audience. But I think with votes like this, its all about which game has the most people saying its their #1 game of the year and even if 60% of people who played it hate the game, if the other 40% all think its GOTY and vote for it then it'll win everything.

This is obviously proving that TLOU2 is well loved by audiences out there, enough for it to win GOTY audience votes.

Xevross

Today at 12:25 AM Last Edit: Today at 12:27 AM by Xevross
This has been an awful year for BF video game sales, I guess that's the side effect of the industry doing so well.

There were basically 0 console deals, they're all sold out anyway so what's the point in cutting prices. Its hard to judge stock as it seems not many online retailers put up anything at all, except a flood of Switch bundles that are basically just including a game with almost no discount.

And the discounts on games themselves have been lacklustre, mostly older games that were getting discounted anyway. Normally you can find some of the just released games for a nice discount, like fifa being £33 in the UK today. But fifa was the only one really, I think SW Squadrons was down to £20 and Avengers was down to £27 already but that was kind of expected and isn't that great of a deal. The only PS5 deal was Dirt 5 being £5 off. I was hoping for a couple of good ones but oh well. I still have lots to play.

Legend

AC Valhalla was $13 off at least at Gamestop today.

Go Up